General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

supercharger and what??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:33 PM
armyMP463

Default supercharger and what??

I'm gonna paint a quick picture for you guys, and i need a little info from people that know what they're doing. If i had a 2005 mustang gt already modded with offroad exhaust system, gears, intake, chip, and clutch...... and i bought a supercharger as the next mod, besides fatter tires..................

**(engine-wise)......what would be wise/typical to buy along with the supercharger to help it run to it's maximum potential as well as keeping the car a "safe" daily driver (safe in this scenario meaning it won't be likely to break down all the time) and not completely "kill" the gas mileage?? I'm not very knowledgeable about superchargers and other mods past what i mentioned.

and....

**is there a website that allows you to listen to the exhausts sounds of 2005 mustang gt specific exhaust setups??

Or does anyone know of a website that a certain person has posted what they have done their 2005 mustang gt (in detail) with the same goals in mind as me..................... have a really fast supercharged mustang gt and still have it as their daily driver??? I need ideas and knowledge. already checked out mustangworld.com , that was pretty helpful but didn't mention anything about daily driveability of the cars they have modded. Sorry for drowning you all with petty questions.
Baghdad Bound in 2 weeks.............fun fun.
thanks guys, tom
Old 12-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger and what??

a set of cams, injectors, and a good tune will get a lot out of that supercharger.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:19 PM
armyMP463

Thanks, more q's now...........
Do the cams reduce gas mileage a lot? Seems like i've heard that before...... Will high performance cams effect wear and tear (so-to-say) of engine for daily driveability? Some superchargers you buy come with injectors, right?? I'm darn near clueless on this stuff.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: armyMP463

Do the cams reduce gas mileage a lot? Seems like i've heard that before...... Will high performance cams effect wear and tear (so-to-say) of engine for daily driveability? Some superchargers you buy come with injectors, right?? I'm darn near clueless on this stuff.
if you get too radical the cams can cause driveability and pretty much any thing that adds that much hp is gonna reduce gassmilage yes the cams are going to effect your gassmilage. but as far as wear and tear the super charger is gonna do more damage then the cams will ever do.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: armyMP463

A supercharger is going to suck gas down a hell of a lot faster than cams will. I'm not sure about SC packages for Mustangs - but I know SC setups don't come with injectors for my car. Get a fuel pump, a set of injectors and a set of turbo cams.

Then go get it all tuned.