General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Air bags

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:02 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Default Air bags

About how much does it cost to have airbags replaced
Old 01-04-2006, 03:28 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Air bags

Are you talking about a Mustang or something else. Air bags are one of them things that type of vehicle affects the price. Let me know what type of car it is and i can get you close to a good price

Remember you usually need Driver and Passenger bags, a module and sometimes the sensors up front depending on how bad the damage was.

Or check out www.car-part.com for one's in a salvage yard. They are very easy to replace yourself.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:11 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Its a 2000 V6 stang how would I go about replacing them myself
Old 01-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

they just bolt in its no big deal to replace them but you will have to get the computer reset if theyw have been deployed because it will shut down the car.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:40 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

The car runs now it just has no air bags. Will I need a new steering wheet or piece on the passenger side. How do I reset the computer
Old 01-04-2006, 06:29 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Where the bags deployed or just taken out? If car was not in accident you do not need the module
I thought you had to buy a new air bag module not reset it. If you buy bags out of a salvage yard they usually include that in the price. No you do not need a new steering wheel just the center piece. and the Passneger side should also come with the SRS cover. I have not romoved the passenger side but I do belive you need to remove the glove box to get at the screws better. And the steering wheel is just 2 bolts on the back of the steering wheel.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:49 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

best price ive got is hixairbagcovers.com they got the cover for the wheel and the side for like 150-175 painted, I need some air bags too and plan on ordering from them.....But i need to know how to um reset the deal where it doesnt say air bag on the front drivers side dash...lol
I went over a curb on access road and they popped out...[:@]
Old 01-04-2006, 06:59 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

I believe the web site is www.hicksairbagcovers.com I would be very surprised if they are selling you both air bags for $175 it might be the covers only make sure you check that before you buy them. I just checked there site and the will reset your module for you.
ORIGINAL: p0rsche23

best price ive got is hixairbagcovers.com they got the cover for the wheel and the side for like 150-175 painted, I need some air bags too and plan on ordering from them.....But i need to know how to um reset the deal where it doesnt say air bag on the front drivers side dash...lol
I went over a curb on access road and they popped out...[:@]
Old 01-04-2006, 07:14 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

in a 95 5.0 ford quoted my friends car at around 3000 to replace sensor module both airbags covers and reset the computer, thats for pricing so im sure u can find it a lot cheaper
Old 01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bramas02

I believe the web site is www.hicksairbagcovers.com I would be very surprised if they are selling you both air bags for $175 it might be the covers only make sure you check that before you buy them. I just checked there site and the will reset your module for you.
hmm yeah that might be...u can buy just air bags for prolly around 500-700/each and just get the covers....thatll save u from spending 3k from ford or wherever else....alot cheaper from a JY tho prolly.....maybe around a grand...im just going to get the covers tho....hopefully wont come back to kill me someday

Quick Reply: Air bags