General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Vibrations getting worse.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:40 PM
ekthrilla
3rd Gear Member

Default Vibrations getting worse.

hey yall. last night after driving around all night got me kinda mad because of all the vibrations the car makes. my tranny has started making new squealing noises when its in 5th gear. Do any of yalls do this or whats wrong with it. my vibrations are coming from the rear or the car. like on the back glass i think. has anyone heard alot of noise coming from there trunk area? and what would a broke motor mount do? cause i was thinking i might have broke one last night. i was driving and everything was fine one moment and 10 minutes later my car is making loud *** noises that sounds like a strut is shot. but it does it when im just sitting there not moving. i dont know what to do. plz help me get rid of these vibrations and noises. just your advice will help me. thanks, Eric.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12093/C95F27029E5B46C1A074FBC5C20DA3F2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Vibrations getting worse.

The vibrations could be a loose connection in the exhaust pipe,since it does it whether you are moving or not.Does it vary with engine speed?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:40 PM
ekthrilla
3rd Gear Member

i dont get the vibrations when my car is sitting still. its only when im moving. i get alot of vibrations from my shifter and noise from my shifter. but now there is a vibrations coming from my engine bay..like maybe a broke motor mount. top speed has alot of vibrations. its not my U joints because they were just replaced. my tranny has 2 rubber pieces that arent connected. you think that could cause vibrations?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Getting new U joints is no guarantee they aren't loose.This has happened many times on these forums.When you have time get the car up on jack stands,go underneath and try to move the driveshaft.Put a socket on the bolts and see if they are loose.Try moving the exhaust.If that is inconclusive start the car and put it in gear to try to duplicate the noise.If that does'nt help find the problem drive the car and listen for metal to metal contact or other sounds to figure out what or where the sounds are coming from.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:49 AM
ekthrilla
3rd Gear Member

the problem happens when i let off the gas. like when it is decelerating. on my transmission there are 2 black rubber things that look like something that would be on exhaust hangers. those arent connected though. do you think that is my problem? cause after i think about it. the shifter shakes really bad when i decelerate. i hate the noise. and for the exhaust..my exhaust tips do move a little bit when i push on them. is this what your talking about. and my back glass makes an *** load of noise. any way of fixing that problem? im going to put the car on my lift tomorrow and look into everything.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
nelson95

jack up your car and check if your pipes are all hanging on the hangers and the noise could just be coming from the pipes vibrating everything
Old 01-18-2006, 01:35 AM
1quik69

This may seem a little wierd to you, but check your tires. I had 2 tires that the cords/tread started to separate on my F250. The tread actually came off of one of the tires. The truck shook like a bucking bronco and when the tire section came loose on the first one, it did $800 worth of damage to the bottom of the bed and the fender well behind the tire. This may not be the prob, but it is definitely worth looking into.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:43 AM
thehourg
1st Gear Member

have you checked your tranny support? if that is loose, you could deff have some vibration, harmonic dampener?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:24 PM
downwardspiral
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ekthrilla

the problem happens when i let off the gas. like when it is decelerating. on my transmission there are 2 black rubber things that look like something that would be on exhaust hangers. those arent connected though. do you think that is my problem? cause after i think about it. the shifter shakes really bad when i decelerate. i hate the noise. and for the exhaust..my exhaust tips do move a little bit when i push on them. is this what your talking about. and my back glass makes an *** load of noise. any way of fixing that problem? im going to put the car on my lift tomorrow and look into everything.
Did you check the u-joints? I went through 5 before I found out what kept blowing them. I had that problem, I would let off the gas at about 40 and it would vibrate. Check the pinion yoke too, that ended up being my problem, the yoke was worn and didnt hold the u-joints in tight enough. and like quik69 said, check the tires, and the rims. If the rim is a little bit bent, it will vibrate.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:37 PM
alexr
★★★★★

simple solution...

turn off your vibrator[8D]