General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sylvania Silverstars

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:30 AM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Sylvania Silverstars

I use high wattage with a heavy duty harness...
Old 01-19-2006, 02:09 AM
UhadMEatGT
2nd Gear Member

I have bought several pairs off of Ebay with excellent results. Most of them have Jap writing all over them. Usually run about $10-15 for the pair. I have always bought the blue. I also upped them to the 90-100 and they were awsome. You do have to be careful because some harnesses can melt because they are hotter. I ran them on several vehicles and only one of my motorcycles had it melt a little bit, but my cars and other bikes were fine. They were 10x better than cool blues or Silverstars IMO
Old 01-19-2006, 04:57 PM
waxyourboard
3rd Gear Member

You could go HID
Old 01-19-2006, 06:36 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

other then HID, i would recommend the stock bulbs. i have the Silverstars in my car now, and i had the PIAA extreme white and i tried the "cool blue." all of them are not worth the money. they dont really put out more light, the light is just whiter. i didnt see a difference at all. the only difference is they have a touch of blue to them, if you look at them. as far as the cheesy really blue ones that APC and all thoes crapy import brands make are even worse, they put out barly no light, they just look really blue, and horrible.

HID is worth it, if you want to spend the money, and they do put out alot of light. but i would not get anymore aftermarket "high performance" lights for my car. the stock ones are fine.

everyone kept saying that the silverstars are the best things since sliced bread, so i went out and got some, eh they suck.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:16 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

wow, I can't believe nobody likes the silverstars. I got a pair and I think they are better than stock. you can see things in white light better than in the color the halogens put out. I compared the two bulbs when I changed them, the silverstars were hands downs brighter, and I thought they gave a better view while driving at night. All my driving is done in the city under city night lights, so I could hardly tell when I had the stock lights on, but silverstars are noticeable.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:39 PM
redstallion
2nd Gear Member

Silverstars made a huge difference in my car...It really just depends what you are starting with

Newer mustangs already have good lights so the change will be subtle...

I had stock non-halogens, then syvania halogens, then silverstars....each step was a big improvement over the previous
Old 01-20-2006, 02:05 AM
ajspellm
2nd Gear Member

i couldnt really tell that much of a difference in mine either. but when i have my brights on it is a huge difference from stock it seemed like.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:07 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

i have the sliverstars in my car and they work great!
I had bought some jap crap blue lights and they were so dim i couldnt see anything at night... the sliverstars might not be all that much brighter then a stock bulb... but they are a hell of a lot different in color...a stock bulb looks and puts out a dull yellow color... while the silverstar puts out a nice clear/white color.
The only bulbs/ set up you will see the difference in is a HID set up... a real HID setup.. not some drop in bulbs and blastics or whatever the thing is that lights them up..
So untill you can afford 1000+ for a real HID set up... just stick with the 60 dollar bulbs from good companies.[8D]