General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

sputtering problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 01:16 AM
BBKBadBoy
2nd Gear Member

Default sputtering problem

It just so happened to be raining today and i was driving down the highway when a bus pulled into my lane, obviously the guy wasnt paying attention, i didnt even have enough room to stop, guy just pulled from the side of the road dead in front of me, so i had to swerve into a big puddle of water, about 30 seconds after i stopped at a redlight and took off from first gear and started to notice my car was sputtering and continued to sputter almost everytime i took off, i had to try to get it to rev up den hurry and dump the clutch to get it to move, when i let off the gas it was backfiring alot, i went home checked the filter and it had no water to it, put fuel system treatmeant in the car and it still was doing the same thing, so i stopped at my job and put it on the handheld tester, and it read system too rich, bank 2, so i figured it was the o2 sensors, so i erased the service engine soon code and let the car sit for a while to see if it will improve, i noticed the light never came back on and i drove it for a while and didnt really feel any sputtering, does anyone know what this could have been or could be???
Old 01-18-2006, 01:26 AM
wildcobrar
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: sputtering problem

One of two problems: Bad Plug wires or a cracked cole pack on the right or left front of the engine. Take a windex spray bottle and fill it with water, spray the wires first and see if our problem occurrs. The spray the coil packs one at a time. When it acts poorly you have found the prob. I am betting on the plug wires.