General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

interior light does not come on

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:45 PM

Default RE: interior light does not come on

I have a question... when you turn your key to off do your lights come on? Or is it just when the door is opened?

If the first answer is yes - rip apart your ignition again.

If the second answer is yes - check your door jam switch.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: groundpounder

The lights work. I should have pointed that out in the first place. They all work manually, which would rule out a bad bulb or fuse. They just don't come on automatically when I open the door.
its a jamb switch issue. i have the same exact problem i have negelected to get fixed for a year and a half now.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:02 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

I have a question... when you turn your key to off do your lights come on? Or is it just when the door is opened?
If the first answer is yes - rip apart your ignition again.
If the second answer is yes - check your door jam switch.
First answer - no...not automatically. When I turn my key off, the lights stay dark. With the key off or on, I open the door and they stay dark. They only light up if I turn them on manually
2000, I think I am going to go back in and hook that little clip up to the ignition that is for the door ringer. My thought is that clip may complete a circuit for the lights. But first I am going to go with doller on checking the jamb, because if I can get the lights to work without the door dinging, that = teh win!

The lights work. I should have pointed that out in the first place. They all work manually, which would rule out a bad bulb or fuse. They just don't come on automatically when I open the door.
its a jamb switch issue. i have the same exact problem i have negelected to get fixed for a year and a half now.
This is what I was thinking. Any thoughts on fixing it? Do you think it just needs a new jamb swtich/button
Old 02-12-2006, 03:35 PM
alexr
★★★★★

This is what I was thinking. Any thoughts on fixing it? Do you think it just needs a new jamb swtich/button
more than likely.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:53 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

i think there of 3 light bulbs in the interior light. cuz when mine comes on i can turn the two side ones on automatically and i see a difference in light..... if you know what i mean.... unless they are the bulbs that have diffence brightness settings. but im not sure... and this is on a 04
Old 02-12-2006, 10:30 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

i think there of 3 light bulbs in the interior light. cuz when mine comes on i can turn the two side ones on automatically and i see a difference in light..... if you know what i mean.... unless they are the bulbs that have diffence brightness settings. but im not sure... and this is on a 04
I thought mine only had two lights on either end, but I finally got smart and popped the lid off. I, like you, have a third bulb in the middle. I cannot tell for sure if it's burned out, but I'm betting it is. Should have checked that first before I whored up a bunch of unnecessary techie posts! [:@][:@][:'(][:'(]
Old 02-12-2006, 10:32 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

I thought mine only had two lights on either end, but I finally got smart and popped the lid off. I, like you, have a third bulb in the middle. I cannot tell for sure if it's burned out, but I'm betting it is. Should have checked that first before I whored up a bunch of unnecessary techie posts! [:@][:@][:'(][:'(]
lol yea good think you didnt start pulling off your ignitions or anything else
Old 02-12-2006, 11:01 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

LOL! I wouldn't worry about it. We all make boo boo's every now and then!!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

IT'S FIXED.

Light bulb was burned out. I'm so embarassed! Grandaddy always said check the simple stuff first. What a maroon. [sm=headbang.gif][sm=smiley24.gif]

Thanks for all the help that I actually never needed. You guys are great!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:47 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

IT'S FIXED.

Light bulb was burned out. I'm so embarassed! Grandaddy always said check the simple stuff first. What a maroon. [sm=headbang.gif][sm=smiley24.gif]

Thanks for all the help that I actually never needed. You guys are great!
i am a genius!!!!!!!!!!! sike i make stupid mistakes like that too