General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I just have one plea to Ford about the Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:07 PM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I just have one plea to Ford about the Mustang

ORIGINAL: Magiarn71

I've driven all kinds of cars and rwd is WORSE in the snow, period. Even heavy rwd cars suck. I've gotten in driveways FORWARDS with a fwd that I'd never make in a rwd, backwards or forwards. You can apply all the physics you like, weight over the powered wheels is going to be better. You cant drive to work backwards.....

Reminds me of a friend that always said you didnt need a 4x4, a 2wd truck was fine - it was all about "knowing how to drive". Now he has a 4wd and would never go back and I mess with him all the time about it.
To each their own. This is a stupid debate. Personally, I prefer my toilet paper roll to dispense over the top, not down the back and underneath. [8D]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

That's because it's supposed to be over the top! [sm=youreright.gif]
Old 02-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

pssshhh who the hell likes their toilet paper coming from underneath.

but i can honestly not comprehend how RWD would be easier and/or safer. FWD is just a safer car in general...for instance...if you lose control of a RWD car...you have to compensate and you better no overcompensate lol. if you lose control of a FWD car...you can floor it and let go of the steering wheel and the tendency is for the car to straighten out.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
beheivjer
2nd Gear Member

Lets see my 79 cobra sits in the garage and I drive a 98 gt every day snow or shine. 2 bags of sand 80lbs each and patience is all I need to drive it here in the winter wonderland called michigan
Old 02-14-2006, 10:22 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Obviously FWD is better than RWD in the snow, however RWD is definitely capable of winter driving. The only time id say u couldnt drive RWD in the snow is if ur roads arent plowed all winter.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

I agree that its easier to steer and keep traction in a rwd better than a fwd, but only if you're HAMMERING ON THE GAS! Which, in snow or on ice, I would not consider "knowing how to drive".
Old 02-15-2006, 01:52 AM
RawGtPower
3rd Gear Member

Snow Tires, keep the gas tank full, and fill up the car with friends, if you want to go anywhere
Old 02-15-2006, 06:39 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

This is really a silly debate....why would you wanna put your Mustang through the snow anyway? Thats disgusting.... All the salt and cinders, not even to mention the snow and ice. Yuck.... I have a hard time dealing with getting stuck in the rain....I'd never have mine out in the snow.[:@]
Old 02-15-2006, 08:37 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

my first car was a 500$ heap of an 87 2.3 stang, bad suspension, bad brakes, bad everything basically... i still drove it everyday for 2 winters, good studded winter tires and weight in the trunk works fine. so i have to agree that it's doable BUT now that i have my little focus to ride around in winter, i have to say i'd never go back to driving a stang in the snow in a million years. it's so amazing compared to to my old 2.3 that it actually makes winter driving enjoyable. not to mention it means i can keep my 5.0 in the garage where it should be, out of the crap, i don't even drive it during summer if it looks like it might rain.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:54 AM
SuicidalStang83
2nd Gear Member

my first car was 90 gs which was transformed into a gst wat a fun car thats what i learned to drift in. but R.I.P kuz shes being parted
out !!!!!!
2nd car was a 94 supra tt that was a major change but mastered the rwd driving and livin in chicago snow was fun haha.

and the 83 gt as my 3rd woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeh like ying yang said if you can drive without being an idiot about it, rwd is better for snow if you can control your car that is.
you can say its the cars fault like my friendz do, but i blame the driver. you buy the car knowing whats is said about it so take the time n learn to drive in all conditions haha. i luv the rwd for power drifting its the most fun i had in all my 19 yrs hahah.

Quick Reply: I just have one plea to Ford about the Mustang