General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Stang is Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:52 AM
1badsc

Default My Stang is Totaled

http://web.mac.com/sccrvettel82/iWeb/Site/Wreck.html

Had the left front tire blow out in the middle of a right hand sweeper last night on the highway and the car just instantly roatated around into an embankment. The Drivers side hit first and then went air born off the bank, then the left rear wheel caught the bank and instanly snapped the car back around 180 degrees. The drivers side door came open and I was half way out of the car when passenger side front end hit the bank. The drivers side door then came flying shut and slammed into my head and my back. It was very painful.

I was so upset after looking at the car, my cell phone was ejected out of the car and flew 35 feet into the woods, so I couldn't call anyone for help. So Ijust left the car there and walked to my girlfriends house that was near by, just figured I would deal with it in the morning, I was in no mood to even look at the car anymore. I didn't think it was that big of a deal since it was a single vehicle accident and there was no other property damage. But I guess the state police were looking for me last night and were a little upset that I did not report the accident right away. So I got cited with failure to report an accident and driving at an unsafe speed.

So if anyone is intrested I will be selling my ATI Procharger, full gauge cluster, 3 core intercooler, BBK 75mm throttle body, Diablo MAFIA mass air flow extender, and C&L intake plenum. Let me know if you are interested.

http://web.mac.com/sccrvettel82/iWeb/Site/Wreck.html
Old 02-27-2006, 01:56 AM
1badsc

Default RE: My Stang is Totaled

Forgot to mention that I was wearing my seatbelt
Old 02-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

Dam dude thats nasty...Thank god your alright how can they give u a ticket for driving at a high speed how the hell do they no how fast you were driving>>?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:19 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Sorry to see that. Nothing a little Bondo can't fix. I bet the Police where pissed at you for leaving the accident. They usually assume DUI when people leave.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:21 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

I hope your kidding about not knowing how to figure out how fast he was going.
ORIGINAL: Steeda1716

Dam dude thats nasty...Thank god your alright how can they give u a ticket for driving at a high speed how the hell do they no how fast you were driving>>?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

That could happen at any speed..
Old 02-27-2006, 02:38 AM
1badsc

I was going around around 60 mph and then down shifted to 4th and half throttled it and as soon as my front tires crossed the line into the passing lane it let loose. There are hardly any skid marks, the marks go straight from the center of the road directly over into the embankment. So I was going over the speed limit, but It was not what I would call excessive.

I got checked out at the hospital and they gave me a clean bill of health and told me my head must be like a brick. I am really lucky to walk away from that one. Seatblet left a nice red, black, and blue mark across my chest and shoulder. Head is kinda lumped up a little, but other than that, all is well.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:58 AM
Crucifix

Good to hear you're OK after that.

Just wondering - what is a right-hand sweeper? Also, any driving tips you can share as a result (although I'm assuming not much could be done in your situation)?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:45 AM
1badsc

no real driving tips for that situation. It happened instantly. Generally controlling a skid or oversteer situation is quite easy, but in this situation when it involved a mechanical failure there is not a lot that can be done in most cases. When the tire rolled off the rim the wheel broke and hooked the pavement and snapped the car around like it was a toy. I have never been in anything that rotated that fast before.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:11 AM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

your a lucky SOB. glad your ok.

Quick Reply: My Stang is Totaled