Georgia Regional Chapter Chapter President: rmodel65

Any good shops west of atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM
B2norma

Default Any good shops west of atlanta?

Are there any good shops west of Atlanta. Seems like all the good shops are east of atl. I live on the Georgia Alabama line and don't really want to make the drive unless I have to.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Near Columbus or further north near I20? Best I can think of that's east (north east actually) of Atlanta is Injected Engineering.. Kinda pricey though.. What are you trying to get done?
Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 PM
B2norma

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Near Columbus or further north near I20? Best I can think of that's east (north east actually) of Atlanta is Injected Engineering.. Kinda pricey though.. What are you trying to get done?

I stay in Bremen so right on I-20. I want my gears and sub frame connectors installed(Don't have equipment to weld).
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Well you can do the gears yourself without welding equipment.. and the shop I mentioned is about an hour from you in Kennesaw..

Also about that same distance there is Top Speed which is one of the best when it comes to suspension and chassis compenents like what you want done. Much pricier though as there general base is race cars and high end sports cars.. There's South East Turbo Performance, I don't know much about them but I've heard decent things.. And then there's Forged Performance who does great work but mostly deals with Subarus and other AWDs. They do have a fabricator/welder though so they might be able to take care of what you need.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:24 PM
B2norma

Well you can do the gears yourself without welding equipment.. and the shop I mentioned is about an hour from you in Kennesaw..

Also about that same distance there is Top Speed which is one of the best when it comes to suspension and chassis compenents like what you want done. Much pricier though as there general base is race cars and high end sports cars.. There's South East Turbo Performance, I don't know much about them but I've heard decent things.. And then there's Forged Performance who does great work but mostly deals with Subarus and other AWDs. They do have a fabricator/welder though so they might be able to take care of what you need.
Thanks for the help. As for the gears I hear they are really easy to mess up. Don't get me wrong I know my way around a shop. And have been under the hood my whole life but never have had the pleasure of changing gears.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't fear messing up the gears, I've never had a problem doing it.. just take your time...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
07grabber4.0
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't fear messing up the gears, I've never had a problem doing it.. just take your time...
are you near kennesaw?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

If you don't mind driving a little further, I recommend MV Performance. Their number is 770.725.7862.

You can at least call and talk to them about what you're looking to have done and get a price.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

We have our Facility in Valdosta, GA kind of drive but just letting you know.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07grabber4.0
are you near kennesaw?
No, but I dated a girl that lived there and would go up there a lot..

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
If you don't mind driving a little further, I recommend MV Performance. Their number is 770.725.7862.

You can at least call and talk to them about what you're looking to have done and get a price.
I second that, but since he said east I was trying to find places a little closer to him.. However, I would take the extra hour drive to MV, awesome shop.

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
We have our Facility in Valdosta, GA kind of drive but just letting you know.

Best Regards,

TJ
Ha, can't go wrong with this but that's a hell of a drive!..

Quick Reply: Any good shops west of atlanta?