Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

fresh thought on CAI dilemma?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Badger

Default fresh thought on CAI dilemma?

just an idea. Since (I dont think) that the new FRPP CAI will void your waranty, and since Ive read that all the CAI's are very close (1-2hp) and since swaping the tune back to stock is easy.........for soneone who is concerned about emmissions like me (living in CA.) why not buy the FRPP and an SCT or Predator? Am I way off here??
Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: fresh thought on CAI dilemma?

I can't believe I am actually going to respond to another "void your warranty" question.
Aftermarket parts DO NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Doesn't matter who's name is put on them, what they do, or who installs them. They WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

Now, to answer your question. Don't fool yourself in to believing that just because it comes from FRPP that if you have a failure that can be proven to be related to the non OEM part/tune that Ford will honor a warranty repair for that failure. Because they will not. In fact, there are disclaimers on the packaging.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Badger

I think you misunderstood my question a little. My concern wasnt so much as to whether the FRPP CAI will void your warranty...I dont believe it will since it is a "FORD" part. I was more questioning whether it would pass the visual inspection by C.A.R.B. in CA (like the K&N does). Guess my thinking was that it might since, again, it is a "FORD" part. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:03 AM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I can't believe I am actually going to respond to another "void your warranty" question.
Aftermarket parts DO NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Doesn't matter who's name is put on them, what they do, or who installs them. They WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

Now, to answer your question. Don't fool yourself in to believing that just because it comes from FRPP that if you have a failure that can be proven to be related to the non OEM part/tune that Ford will honor a warranty repair for that failure. Because they will not. In fact, there are disclaimers on the packaging.
im with you
Old 03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

I still don't understand how a aftermarket part couldn't void your warranty. I mean if joe blow installed a "custom" supercharger that was running 14 psi boost and it blew the engine how could this be a consideration for warranty repair?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: zanemoseley

I still don't understand how a aftermarket part couldn't void your warranty. I mean if joe blow installed a "custom" supercharger that was running 14 psi boost and it blew the engine how could this be a consideration for warranty repair?
The Moss-Manguson Act makes it illegal for a dealer to void your warranty because you added aftermarket parts.

Thx,

Mike
Old 03-01-2006, 01:20 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: zanemoseley

You are obviously confusing "void your warranty" with "proven cause of failure".
Read your own first sentence. Now, tell me how an after market part would "void your warranty"? Do you see the broadness in that statement? In theory, what you are saying is that if someone changes out a radio **** with an "aftermarket part" and their window motor goes out, that it would not be warranty becauase they have an aftermarket part on their car.

Now... see the difference between "void your warranty" and "proven cause of failure"?
Old 03-01-2006, 01:31 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Badger

I think you misunderstood my question a little. My concern wasnt so much as to whether the FRPP CAI will void your warranty...I dont believe it will since it is a "FORD" part.
But it is not a Ford OEM part for your car. Doesn't matter that it is sold through the FRPP division. The FRPP site also sells superchargers. Think if you bought one and threw a rod out of the bottom of the motor that Ford would warranty the repair? They won't. They sell lowering springs and shocks too. But I guarentee that if you bought a set and had them installed, then your rear end crapped out, the first thing they are going to try to prove is that it happened because of a bad pinion angle as a result of the vehicle being lowered so that it wouldn't be warranty.

As for whether or not the FRPP CAI is C.A.R.B. legal, if it is not advertised as such, it probably isn't. Most vendors will use such certifications as selling tools. Notice that FRPP sells two different sets of mufflers for the S197 cars on their web site. One set says 49 state legal, the other says 50 state.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Hey Hawman...

Why not put together a "It doesn't VOID your Warentee" topic section in the general 05/06 area... and I will make it a sticky for you.

Then, when this question comes up we can just referr the inquiry to that thread.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Joshua Tree

Moss-Manguson Act is valid in the U.S , Is there something similar in Canada? Any lawyers out there?

Quick Reply: fresh thought on CAI dilemma?