Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

anyone else been hit from the side?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: anyone else been hit from the side?

ORIGINAL: andyman

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

hit at 70MPH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH

THE HORR...*dies*

Old 03-09-2006, 06:08 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

thats horrilbe...sorry to you guys!! [sm=boohoo.gif]
Old 03-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Wow. So far I've been impressed with the front bumper atleast. I think mine is made out of steel! I lost control one night with TCS off, and I had a little over steer, then tried correcting it but it didn't work out... and then the brakes didn't do anything as I slid over a little bush.. All it did was got some sap and a slight deformity in the bottom flange of the bumper, nothing noticable... Then I've also rear ended someone. The guy started pulling out, then slammed on his brake... well, I saw him pull out so I let off the brake and started rolling to the stop sign, until of course I was met by a jolting sensation... (Yeah, I was looking in the direction of the oncoming traffic because I had seen the guy starting to move and assumed he would have went, since there was NO traffic coming... I have no idea why he stopped.) Nevertheless no damage to either cars, not even a scratch on the paint.. and he had some old metal tank of some sort.. lol.

Though what really pisses me off... is people opening their doors and smacking yours, or just outright hitting your car in a parking lot and just drive away... That has happened once, someone smacked their door into mine, but it was buffed out no problems... Though yesterday I go to leave from work and found a nice chunk of paint missing from my driver's side door. It's right next to the handle and about 1/2" x 1/8" ... and right down to the paint... Really pissed me off... put some touch up paint on there so now I'm waiting for it to dry so I can try and buff it smooth again... Now I'm parking like a half mile away from any ****ing car... it's quite aggrivating.

Just my .02.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:25 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace
Now I'm parking like a half mile away from any ****ing car... it's quite aggrivating.

Just my .02.
+1 on that. I swear, its like ppl see a nice pretty new car and just can't help themselves from bangin their doors (or frickin shopping carts) into it. I have been parking my new GT far from any other cars in parking lots since the beginning.....and plan to continue doing so. Despite my tactic, tho, I still had an incident. I parked outside of Circuit City, faaaar from where most of the cars were. I went in for only like 10 minutes to get a couple of small items and then I was out of there. I come outside to find a mid 90's Lumina parked like 2 feet from my driver's side door. I couldn't open the door wide enough to get in....on top of that, there was a very noticable scuff mark towards the back part of my driverside door. Apparently there was a passenger in this vehicle who made a successful effort to get out on HIS side, and hit my door in the process.
Long story short....I climbed in thru the passenger side, pulled back from the offending car about 10 feet, got out, walked over, and put a nice big boot mark on his passenger side door.[sm=badbadbad.gif] Then I drove away. Fortunately, the scuff did buff out nicely. Let's see him buff out a boot-shaped dent. hehe
Word to the wise, general public, don't intentionally eff up someone's nice new car..........its disrespectful, and also likely to get you or your car's @$$ kicked. lol[sm=violent053.gif]
Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Yeah the first time I hadn't noticed because it was on the passenger side, and it hit the handle so it didn't dent, only marked it and was easily buffed out. Though since it was on that side I hadn't noticed it at all until someone got in and was like. "Hey, why is there white paint on your handle?" and I'm like. "Haha, I don't think so." Thinking they were teasing me, until I later saw that indeed there was white paint... So got that buffed out, now I can only hope that this deep scratch can be smoothed out. Or else I'm going to be pretty pissed. (and naturally I never found out who it was. We have customers parking in the back right by our shop, and they are in and out... Normally I have a coworker on either side of me but apparently that wasn't the case since like 2 of them went home early. So yeah, now I just park away from it all.