Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP failed emissions Saleen Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP failed emissions Saleen Supercharged

Ha, I have an o/r h pipe... So do you think it's possible for my to pass? lol.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:29 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Sure, depending on what type of test they do. If it is a sniff, as long as it is clean enough it's fine. If it is an OBDII scan, what you need is an O2 simulator. I'm by no means encouraging or recommending people remove their cats (my disclaimer ) but the O2 simulator will take the signal from the downstream sensor and feed it back to the PCM as a good signal (within propper range). I did this on my previous car and it passed the sniff test. When they changed to OBDII scan, I had to put in the O2 simulator. If they do a visual, you'll need someone to make you bolt-in cats. It's actually easier to start with an x-pipe with cats, have them cut them out and weld a flange on the other side so it can be bolted back in. Then at the track only use a test pipe. -Joe
Old 03-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Well with the O/R H-pipe and SLP Loudmouths, they'll probably want to do a visual check if everything comes up clean and clear on their systems... lol. I'm most likely just going to slip on my stock H pipe real quick anyway. I don't think I need to get inspected for like 4 years anyway... who knows if I'll even be living in NJ by then.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:53 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Wow 4 years, that's great! In Maryland we get tested every 2 years. I wish I was in a state that didn't even have emsissions testing. I'm very glad I'm not in CA, I've heard some real horror stories about the crap they put those guys through. -Joe
Old 03-17-2006, 09:55 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

New cars in California sold in 05 don't have to be inspected until 2010
Old 03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: satinsilvergt

They don’t give you an inspection sticker. So I have 30 days to fix it or I won't be able to legally drive it.
And here in TX they charge you $40 for the OBD-II test if you live in certain counties...Dallas, Collin, Denton, Tarrant, Harris and more on the way from what I've heard. I think they charge you if you don't pass. I don't know how long you have after you fail. I hope my tune has the sensors ON!

In addition to my GT, I also have a gas miser Honda HX for daily driving and beating around. There is absolutely NO soot in the tailpipe of this car after driving it nearly 2 years. Watch it fail emissions testing!!!

In my home state of Georgia, they don't have a state wide inspection program anymore. They just test emissions in the Metro Atlanta area and that's it. I think they gave up with all the rattle traps on the roads!!! Many years ago when it was in place, if you "knew" someone, you could get yourself a sticker for $20, and not even bring the car by!!!!

Mike
Old 03-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

yea im in harris county here in tx, there starting to become real hard asses on the emissions here it seems.

chris
Old 03-17-2006, 10:29 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

lucky brand new cars in ontario dont need to be e-tested for 5 years... then its every other year for the next 15 years after that
Old 03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
satinsilvergt

Hey chevykiller thank you for the advice I had my tuner turn the rear O2's (downstream o2's) back on and it passed all emission tests!!

Thanks again,
Mark
Old 03-22-2006, 11:28 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Come down to San Antonio, TX. I can point you to a few places on the southside who will get into your car, press your brakes, and pass you if your brake lights come on. :-)

Quick Reply: HELP failed emissions Saleen Supercharged