Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Air Intake For 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Air Intake For 06 GT

Let me know what you think after you install it. I'm ordering my cold air intake this week and I cannot wait!!!
-E
Old 03-29-2006, 02:11 PM
BMJ06GT

JLT Boasts a whopping 28-34 RWHP with their Tune and CAI I just recieved mine in the mail yesterday and have to wait until Saturday to install. I purchased a tuner/CAI combo right off of http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/index.php I'll let you all know how much of a difference it is on Saturday.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good. I'm going with Steeda's cold air intake/SCT2.

ORIGINAL: BMJ06GT

JLT Boasts a whopping 28-34 RWHP with their Tune and CAI I just recieved mine in the mail yesterday and have to wait until Saturday to install. I purchased a tuner/CAI combo right off of http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/index.php I'll let you all know how much of a difference it is on Saturday.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:44 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Treatz

Just out of curiousity.
what are the HP gains on the CAI + TUne VS just CAI like the K&N.
Here is the dyno Tune on my 2005 Mustang GT Automatic trans with K&N CAI and SCT Dyno Tune

My Base Line HP Stock was 254.3 I don't remember the torque numbers
Old 03-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

Just out of curiousity.
Here is the dyno Tune on my 2005 Mustang GT Automatic trans with K&N CAI and SCT Dyno Tune

Wow.
now that's some good gains.

Looks like CAI + Tune is the route I'll be takin then.

I appreciate your help
Old 03-29-2006, 05:20 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

Just out of curiousity.

Wow.
now that's some good gains.

Looks like CAI + Tune is the route I'll be takin then.

I appreciate your help
You wont regret it, it wakes up the car and makes it even that much more fun to drive,
The tune makes all the difference, plus you will not be running your engine to lean and damage it like I did...

I am waiting on the verdict on if I need a new motor or not, I ran lean 18+ for over 600 miles with no CEL or fail safe
went to a dyno day sponsored by local mustang club and the dyno showed super lean and I may have damaged the motor
so ask around and find a tuner that people trust on the net or better yet get a dyno tune to be super safe
Old 04-02-2006, 01:21 PM
BMJ06GT

Well I did the install of my JLT2 and used my XCAL-SCT2 Custom tune from JLT and I have to say that I cannot beleive the difference. Easy to install, the tuner is easy to operate. I only had one minor issue, when I first installed it and did the tune took her out for a test drive and ran great. Woke up the next morning went to the grocery store and noticed check engine light on, so I drove back home plugged the tuner in and it gave me 0171 Error code: System too lean so I re-inspected the intake and noticed that the filter was not fully seated around alluminum tube, part of the MAF sensor was in the way so I re-seated it but still had alarm so I re-flashed it with a %2.0 Rich WOT and walla it cleared the 0171. I urge anyone that is on the edge of purchasing a CAI to go for it as far as the Tuner I can't beleive that I was actually thinking of not getting one and just going with the K&N. Anyhow just my review of my new JLT-2 CAI and SCT-Xcal2 tune. I still need to check out all the features of the XCAL2 I know it has data logging and all sorts of stuff.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:18 PM
BradInFl
2nd Gear Member

I am planning on upgrading my kandn with brenspeed tune to a JLT II with the Bamachips tunes as soon as I can get in touch with doug!
Old 04-02-2006, 08:13 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Has anyone gone the route of just getting a good tune, minus the cai application? I've gotten mine done from a reputable tune shop thats been mentioned on these forums and have gained similar results of those that have a cai?

Actually gain was an extra 20 hp, 34 tq with stock air filter.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

stupid question, but i'll ask anyway.
are there any Canadian distributors of these JLT products? They seem to be highly recomended here in general for Cold Air intakes

Or is the K&N just as good with a tune?

Quick Reply: Air Intake For 06 GT