Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does your car eat rice for dinner? :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:07 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default Does your car eat rice for dinner? :)

How about a big bowl of rice, and when you think this franchise couldn't get any worse. http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...tw=640&qth=400
I could see this inspiring many young kids to drift in America, which is gonna lead to a lot of deaths. Car movies like this I think are 10x more detrimental to youngins when compared to video games. Just something to rant on Rice yum!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:11 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does your car eat rice for dinner? :)

And for the record when the first one came out, there were a few parts I actually enjoyed. I have great respect for the Supra as does anyone who actually enjoys cars, and the RX-7 could do amazing things as well. And well I haven't seen it in a long time, Vin Diesel's charger was fun to watch for all 10 seconds. But this franchise other then those 3 cars, acting, and just what they promote are horrible Supra's, those damn things make a ton of HP easy when modded, great engine in those things.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Yep, definately will see alot more morons on the road trying to do this
Old 03-17-2006, 10:51 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

that makes me sad....... ok, so everyone do me a favor and punch any little punkasses in the throat if they decide it would be fun to street drift (its ok to low blow anyone who tries to do it with a FWD and e-brake)
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

It's obviously stupid, but here's the REALLY scary part - kids will believe this crap and kill people. The fact is that drift racing has been a huge underground sport in japan for several years already but I have seen videos of REAL drift racing and I can assure you not one of them is driving around in a 30K car, let alone an 80K one...LOL (minus professional track sponsored events of course)

In fact, the crash rate is so high in the underground sport that 99% of the participants race complete beaters so that when they wreck, they just leave the car and get a ride home with a friend. Too bad they didn't show it for what it really is - STUPID and very unglamorous. This is going to be VERY bad for the real race scene. Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to low blow any idiot even if he's doing it in a parking lot...[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 03-18-2006, 11:52 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

yaaaay, lets go fart cans, damn.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:37 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

You're going to be hearing about a lot of accidents and deaths when that movie comes out. A lot of people are going to want to race and do stupid things will definately be promoted that night. I knew about a kid in my area that saw the second fast and the furious and he took his dads Corvette out, he tried to do a burnout going out of a gas station and ran into a pole and died. I don't think his parents are going to have good memories when they find out this movie is going to be coming out soon.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:31 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Rice is good, but my baby really likes BOWTIE pasta. Also like anything with horns.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

I want to add my voice to those on this forum who take our cars, our hobbies, our reputations, and the lives of others seriously enough to find these false representations disturbing. I'm seriously excited when the younger generation takes an interest in cars, especially our kind of car, but I also have to realize how impressionable they are. I'm not sure low-blowing someone is the best response (though, I certainly share the impulse), but maybe we should really think of an appropriate one.

It would be nice to see a movie glamorizing responsible automotive enthusiasm--I mean, maybe I'm not sexy and "sick," but I'm sure as hell having fun and getting a lot out of my car without resorting to putting others in danger.

I'm just rambling, but I'm at a loss here to think of ways to reach out to that generation that is going to see this stuff and think that this stupidity is cool.

Best,
-j
Old 03-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

I am a traffic attorney in asheville NC. I also love nothing more than racing my car. What needs to happen, in my opinion, is the kids today need to learn respect for the car and the sport. I applaud all the drag strips that have a "street night" where anyone with a license and insurance in a street legal car can come to the track and see what they can do in the quarter mile. Also, sports car clubs regularly hold events at tracks, around here like road atlanta, virginia motorsports complex, etc. These are fine places to go and see how you can do. They are also designed for safety as well as high performance. Seeing how much goes into just a simple drag race should help to instill some respect in some of these kids. If you go a certain speed, you have to wear a helmet. If you go faster, roll bar is required, etc. Track equipment is regularly used to keep the surface dry and oil free. Why do they go to so much trouble? Because 300-400 hprsepower cars can go deadly fast, even in a straight line down the track. You wont find a guy with a mop out on I-40 keeping the wet spots mopped up, and Ive never seen a track drying machine or much oil soak out on the highway either. I see potholes, pieces of retread tires, and gravel washouts in the curves. There is a time and a place for going 100 plus, and the public roads are not the place, and there is no proper time. People die in cars not just because they are bad drivers, but because a public road or public parking lot is just that. PUBLIC. Everyone can go out there. So respect the power you generate in your cars, and show them off or test them out where the big boys do, at the race track, with the proper safety equipment, not on the highway, with tractor trailers, busses, and grampa from florida driving around looking at the scenery. It is not a safe combination at all. Oh,. i didnt mention that I am starting a defensive driving school here this year, did I?

Quick Reply: Does your car eat rice for dinner? :)