Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Service question....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:32 AM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

Default Service question....

Should I worry about bringing my car in for service with the O/R H pipe?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Service question....

Ha, I was thinking the same exact thing. I have to change my oil today... I've got 7900 miles and I need to change it by 8000, and today is my day off so it's the only logical day to do it. I don't want to take it to Ford and have them do it, not only will it take five hours, but they'll probably bitch. The last time I took it there because I thought my speaker was going bad, they kind of commented about the exhaust... and one of the mechanics told me the next oil change I shouldn't take it there because the mechanics will bitch about it affecting the warranty... which doesn't mean anything because if it isn't actually hurting the car, or right now... then it's none of their concern. I don't know though. We'll see. I can't do it at home because my neighborhood bitches about people working on their cars, potential fluid spills and such.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:29 AM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

Yeah I live in an apartment complex, people were bitching when I was putting the exhaust on in the parking lot so I think oil would be out of the question. I'm about 50 miles over due so I have to figure something out soon. We'll see.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I think I'm just going to go and get it done by Ford. I'm a bit out of options at the moment. What can they say really? It's your car, it's not like their Daddy and they can get mad at you and take your car away. lol. Sure they'll probably put it in their system what you've done to the car, so if there ever is a problem they can determine if what you did caused it. Though frankly... I figure if something breaks, you just put something better in it.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

Yeah thats what I think, I'm not really to worried about the warranty, like u if something breaks I'll replace it with something better then stock. It was just in the back of my mind that I have an inspection sticker on it, and its obviously not inspection ready, so I was imagining getting my car back minus an inspection sticker.....
Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I don't think new cars need to be inspected, until like 4 years after purchase... here in NJ. By then I'll either have moved out of NJ or would just throw on the stock H-pipe to please them to get my sticker, and then throw my off-road pipe back on... Or who knows... 4 years is a long time. lol.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Marauder8
1st Gear Member

Jiffy Lube???
Old 03-27-2006, 10:22 AM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

Thought of that (jiffy lube), can't rationalize going there and paying $40 for oil, I could go to the dealer where I bought the car, get the oil changed, alignment checked and tires rotated for $20.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:36 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

I get my oil cahnged at Jiffy lube.

I furnish the 5w - 20w Mobile One and the K&N Filter.........they charge me $20 to do the work.

I think thats fair.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I took her to the Ford Dealership, and then I walked over to the show room and browsed around... Then I heard them start my car from about 200 feet away, inside of a building... Then they revved it and ****... lol. Anyway, while I waited I test drove a 2003 Cobra. It only had 4k miles on it and they were asking $30k+. Kinda crazy. lol. The clutch was REALLY stiff. It took some forcing to get that thing down, which was really really strange... So the guy who sold me my GT actually when with me in the Cobra, and he pretty much didn't care what I did... Or atleast it seemed that way... I didn't even bother asking as I put the Cobra through her paces. It was kinda hard, the shifter being a lot shorter then mine, and it being a 6 speed so that's also something to get used to... Then of course that DAMNED clutch! All in all... I love the GT so much more. The Cobra of course felt like it had a little more power, but I wouldn't want that car soley on just the engine... lol. I'd take a 2005 Styling over the earlier models any day. You just can't really compare them.