Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Factory Order Wait Times.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Damageinc333

Default Factory Order Wait Times.

Anyone Recently order or recently take delivery on a factory order? I just ordered mine last week, The dealer told me it could be anywhere from 6-12 weeks. The wait is killing me. They told me this time of year a lot of orders get put in and its hard to predict times. I was wondering from actual recent experiance how long people are waiting. Please post details like what you ordered, when you ordered and when you actually took delivery. Thanks for helping a fiendin’ man out.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:42 PM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Factory Order Wait Times.

I placed a order back in early nov and after a 4 month wait it showed up with the wrong interior color ....so I went to another dealer and bought one they had on the lot ..Double check your colors and make sure cause it sucks to wait so long and the car not be right
Old 04-08-2006, 01:44 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

placed order 3/23 build date is 5/8...dealer said around 2 weeks after build date i would take delivery
Old 04-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Hamerhead

One dealer told me 2 to 5 months.

The dealer I bought from had it in 5 weeks.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I placed my order on March 16 Car is scheduled to be at Dealership April 24

A lot will have to do with how important the dealer you buy from is and what the units moved is like. I know some places do not get the priority as others.

Richard
Old 04-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

I placed an order for one that I didn't go with (I ended up getting one off another lot) on Jan 18th. Well, the dealer ordered the car for inventory anyways and they still haven't gotten it. (I went to that dealer for a part and asked the salesman to see the car because I specked it with the Charcoal dash applique instead of the Satin Aluminum and wanted to see how it looked.)
Old 04-09-2006, 12:57 AM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Ordered March 8th, Dealer called me and told me its being built April 5th, and it should be no longer then the end of april till i recieve it. The wait is killing me as well, looking @ a bassani exhaust in my basement doesnt make it easier either [:@]
Old 04-09-2006, 01:49 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT06GT

Ordered March 8th, Dealer called me and told me its being built April 5th, and it should be no longer then the end of april till i recieve it. The wait is killing me as well, looking @ a bassani exhaust in my basement doesnt make it easier either [:@]
I hear that i have Borla in the garage and some other items as well. Both interior and exterior stuff. and more on the way.

Richard
Old 04-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Damageinc333

ORIGINAL: GT06GT
The wait is killing me as well, looking @ a bassani exhaust in my basement doesnt make it easier either [:@]
Yea Im in the same boat. I ordered the borla cat backs which should be delivered to my work either tommorow or tuesday. I try not to think about the wait and try to focus on other things, but everyone is always asking me about it and talking about it, lol, so its kind of hard to put in the back of my mind. Thanks for the info everyone.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:49 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

o wow, it sucks to hear how long people have waited for there gts...i just got my vin number a few days ago, this sucks...SO HARD TO WAIT...and stop thinking about it, yea you know how they say guys think about sex every couple of secs or whatever..well the second thing we thing about the most is waiting for or to drive a new car like a mustang...

Quick Reply: Factory Order Wait Times.