Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does a stock mustang chirp in 3rd ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 04:04 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default Does a stock mustang chirp in 3rd ?

well ... today i was talking to my friend on the phone and he said his mustang sometimes chirp when going from 2~3 so after i closed the phone i tried and my mustang didnt chirp i had my traction OFF .... it's ok with me but i just wanted to know.. and when i tried my mustang the road was well built i mean it was new .... i tried one time only ... didnt want to keep my mustang sreaming ...

and also when racing from a sudden stop ... and my traction off... what RPM should i be in to let off the clutch quick will less tire screaming and more traction ?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:43 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Does a stock mustang chirp in 3rd ?

Very rare stock, but with my mods and the race lca's and panhard I can scream 3rd.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Its all in how you drive......third is no problem stock...
Old 04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

I can chirp 3rd no problem on the coast, up here (3500') it's a little hard, but it can be done
Old 04-09-2006, 05:32 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tik_Tok

I can chirp 3rd no problem on the coast, up here (3500') it's a little hard, but it can be done

yeah but urs is tunned i meant the BONE STOCK mustangs ... cuz if u still say BONE STOCK CHIRPS IN 3RD with no problem then i guess i have the slowest mustang
Old 04-09-2006, 05:40 PM
solutionsix

Keep in mind outside temp plays a huge role too. When I first got the mustang and our temperatures were in the 10s and 20s I had a hard time NOT chirping the tires into third when getting on the interstate. I actually set it nearly sideways from 2nd to 3rd on an onramp. Now that its warmer... not near the issue that it use to be. Some tires just really lose all sense of dry traction in the cold.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

ORIGINAL: Tik_Tok

yeah but urs is tunned i meant the BONE STOCK mustangs ... cuz if u still say BONE STOCK CHIRPS IN 3RD with no problem then i guess i have the slowest mustang

Sorry, I should have mentioned that was BEFORE my mods (which have just got done in the past 2 weeks), I chirped in 3'rd with stock engine (manual transmission)
Old 04-09-2006, 05:49 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Has a lot to do with the tires as well. Mine came from the dealer with custom rims and Toyos so it would bite better.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:29 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

my mustang came with the 18' fanblades and with BF Good rich tires. .... i tell you they stick to the ground more than the tires on my older 05 gt ... even though i had automatic but i tested the diffrence in turns... with my auto my mustang went UNDERSTEER alot ... i say alot ... but these bf good rich tires are way better i went with an understeer once only ... but i could still control the car ...

btw guys every car i drive i dont just test the power i really do an extreme test on handling ...
Old 04-09-2006, 07:35 PM
*bmxking*
1st Gear Member

i chirped third with traction control on so.... it is all how u drive

Quick Reply: Does a stock mustang chirp in 3rd ?