Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Strut tower brace added

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 02:53 AM
gcotton

Default RE: Strut tower brace added

Whats the foil do
Old 04-14-2006, 02:58 AM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

I put the steeda on after I got it and took it off a few months later for a week and a half and did some Fun driving and was surpised to find that it did not feel as tight on hard corners so after i put it back on I just had to go for a test drive and I can tell you that in my opinion there was a messerable difference in the feel, I would never say that the 05/06 needed one it handles like a dream but I will never be sad that i got it.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:46 AM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

It almost looks as if the strut brace is on backwards? I noticied that if it was turned around then it would level out on the car... Maybe I am just looking at it wrong..
Old 04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

How much does that Reynolds wrap reduce your intake temperature??

ROTFLMAO!

But I can empathise. I did some ridiculous things in my younger years, too, like the ol' dryer vent ram air setup. LOL!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:31 PM
bcc333
1st Gear Member

nbk13nw -- wins the prize! (where do u want me to send the 27" of heavy duty aluminum foil!)

i pulled the thing off (13mm) and turned it around and put it back down. strut brace does fit a little lower now...who new there was a front and back!

gcotton/GT Premi -- u guys drive too fast and break traffic laws all the time, as do i... i don't object to that, within a degree of reason. but u can't break the laws of physics. light and heat are essentially the same...just a slight shift on the electromagnetic spectrum. the aluminum foil is a by product of about a half hour lesson in physics from an engineer at the Fla solar energy research center http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/ about 15 yrs ago. the shiny side of aluminum foil reflects more light...and hence more heat, than the dull side. now the cost was about $0.12, the weight is operationally defined as negligible for a loose wrap [u want air inbetween the layers]. the issue is how much temperature reduction ...may an 1/8th of a degree F or 2 degrees F. i don't know. but i do know this after a hard run i can get out, lift my hood, place my hand on the Air Charger...AND HOLD IT THERE WITHOUT thermal discomfort.

try that with yours...and report the results.

now the issue of how long the air stays in the charger to benefit the combustion from it's coolness is of course up for debate. i probably wasted $0.12.

but u r not thinking ahead of the car... far enough down the road...what happens when al-Qaeda disguises a thermo-nuclear device inside something to surely draw the attention of and be stopped by the Border Patrol -- like a bale of marijuana-- sneaks it in and sets it off. I will be able to pull my car off the road, rip off the foil and quickly wrap my head in it thus protecting myself from the Plutonium; whereas u guys will have to pull in to the local Kroger/Publix and wait in line to pay for it before u can wrap up! what will that delay do to your ETs.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!!

Why does everyone gotta give **** ALL THE TIME, who cares if he has foil on his car?????????????

Plus BCC if it turns out to be a false alarm on the plutonium, well then heck, you could make yourself a handy little pipe to take care of that bale of marijuana?

Eh, who's thinking now suckers??

And yes, I believe this post did lower my ET
Old 04-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Skrappy
1st Gear Member

Did you use the Steeda or Saleen Foil on your intake?

Just kidding, no matter what anyone says, if you look at the space between the strut towers and distance from there to anthing else that would prevent the towers from flexing together, there is most certainly going to be an increase in regidity by adding a strut tower brace. Now it may take making quick lane changes at 80mph to find out, but that is BCC's death wish, I will wait to make those when I have too and keep the rest for the track.

Skrappy
Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 AM
casaleenie
1st Gear Member

bcc

Post another pic of that install.... I swear it looks like it's installed incorrectly??????? Passenger side looks like it's not lined up with the holes in the brace.... Should not be hitting the hood...
Old 05-09-2006, 06:51 PM
bcc333
1st Gear Member

strut tower brace after i reversed it

[IMG]local://upfiles/31840/0A89F161BE674630985EA95C72E30E50.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-09-2006, 06:54 PM
bcc333
1st Gear Member

view 2 Strut tower brace. sorry it took so long to post new pics but i ran out of film in my digital camera.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31840/3A47255661E64A6E9D08AFE4A97F4D50.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Strut tower brace added