Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 06:15 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default Engine Kit?

Hey guys,

I got the new catalog from Mustang’s Unlimited. I want to put boost on my car, either turbo or S/C I don’t know. However, I do know that the first thing I will do is beef up the engine. I want forged insides to make sure I don’t blow anything.

So are there any companies out there or any kits that anyone knows about that will provide me with all these parts? I saw a kit in this catalog with forged pistons, crank, connecting rods and some other stuff but it was only for like 67-74 mustangs.

Anyone know of one for 05+ Mustangs?

-W
Old 04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Phrosty
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Engine Kit?

hey woody...I'm thinking of doing the same thing...this is the website I'm prob gonna order from...

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/

hope that helps!!

EDIT: here's a more specific link

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...79d8c0c1f1e640
Old 04-12-2006, 06:41 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Yea thats seems like exactly what i was looking for. So, couple of questions seeing as how i am not a mechanic myself. Is that a complete engine kit as in, thats all i will need to push the car well over 500hp without hurting anything? Also, i saw the stroker kit for like 2.4k which makes the displacement to 5.0 and also another kit which just looks like it replaces the stock parts with forged ones for like just under 2k.

Is a stroker kit stronger then a forged kit? Or does the price difference only have to do with the size of the parts since the stroker kit makes it a 5.0 liter and i assume along with that kit, you would have to bore the engine to make the parts fit. Again, i am just guessing since i am not a car tech person.

-W
Old 04-13-2006, 12:16 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

No dice?

-W
Old 04-13-2006, 12:31 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

jsut get forged pistons.. keep your stock crank and connecting rods.. especially since your connecting rods are already forged.. then i would boost up your valve train (like stronger valves and stuff.. then boost away...

also get lower compression pistons... like dished out some.. lower compression = more boost
Old 04-13-2006, 12:44 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

The Rods are not forged. They are pressed metal. If your car is automatic then the crank is pressed also. Only the V6 came with forged rods. The manual GT has a nodular iron crank. There are a few companies that are making rotating assemblies for the 3V, just search for them. I would do some searches on Sean Hyland before you buy anything fom them.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:47 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

jsut get forged pistons.. keep your stock crank and connecting rods.. especially since your connecting rods are already forged.. then i would boost up your valve train (like stronger valves and stuff.. then boost away...

also get lower compression pistons... like dished out some.. lower compression = more boost
To my knowledge the stock crank and connecting rods are not forged. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're not. If you're gonna forge one component...you just as soon forge your entire shortblock. Anything less isn't worth your time and money.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:06 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Well, to be fair to blackfoot, if the vehicle in question is a V6 ( like blackfoot's is ) then yes the rods are forged. But if it is a V8 ( which we are all assuming woodywoody's car is ) then they are powdered rods.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:07 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Hahaha! Beat you to it.[sm=laughat.gif]
Old 04-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Bingo
1st Gear Member

That makes no sense....why the hell would the put forged rods in a V6 and not the V8?

Quick Reply: Engine Kit?