Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First official Run 05 SRT4- 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 AM
GtStangFGCU

Default First official Run 05 SRT4- 06 GT

Well he was an old co worker and a friend of mine, last night around 11 he calls and wants to run...I am quick to oblidge...well he is outside of my apartment and I walk up to his car...he starts reving the **** out of it...he blows off and what not but I hear a purge like 2 times...he claims to be completely stock but i know for a fact he had a wastegate...Well we still run and I was to the point were i didnt give a crap what he had done i wanted to run...we pull out of the development and he is popping loud as hell when he shifts...Now my friend from school had one and when he was stock he was no where near the noise this exhaust was putting out...Im like w/e whats the worst, he has exhaust, wastegate, and maybe a 50 shot, ill still give him a good run....here we go...
I ran his race 3 times...first 2- 30mph roll...he jumps out real quick to about 1/4 of a car, but ill pulled on him nasty, by third i was past him, and by about 110 i had a full car on him... won again by the same margin...
now he wants a 20 roll, i was in first...
we hit it, he has a nose on me and i roll past him again... very close race though...
I never powershifted or anything, bone stock on 87 octane...clean win
Keep in mind this was on a closed road, do not attempt to reenact or recreate any of the following
Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First official Run 05 SRT4- 06 GT

if he had nitrous he would have beat you, end of story. i hate those damned things and i've raced alot of them with and without mods. if you are stock and he is stock it should be a drivers' race in which you have the advantage down low. again, if he had nitrous he would have walked you easily. btw, IIRC all turbo cars come with wastegates

regardless, good win and way to show that little fartcan-yielding insect of a car whats up!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:58 AM
MJDGator

If the exhaust was louder maybe a turbo back exhaust or just a new axle back. A lot of the turbo car owners like to add an after market blow-off valve. Some of them are really loud. No HP gains though. Actually in some cars it causes a rich condition because the unused air is released instead of recirculated back to the engine. I have a WRX and when they first came out everyone was adding the loud blowoff valves. About a month later most were putting the stock ones back on.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:04 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

I raced a stage 2 (not sure what that entales) at the track a few weeks ago (see my video in another thread). I ran a 13.4 that run and he ran a 14.3. He obviously had some traction issues. He did say he was running 13.9's most of the day though. In either case....Me 1 Skittles 0
Old 04-19-2006, 01:47 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

Is this "rolling start" type of racing the new trend? To me, rolling start racing is to drag racing, what drifting is to road racing...
Maybe I'm old, but what happened to the standing quarter mile, or the hot chick dropping her scarf to start a race, or waiting at a red stoplight waiting for it to go green???
Who decides what the proper rolling start speed is? I guess it's a way for guys with cars with bad low end torq numbers to feel faster...? The good news is that I won't have to worry about getting racing slicks or drag radials!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:31 PM
GtStangFGCU

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

if he had nitrous he would have beat you, end of story. i hate those damned things and i've raced alot of them with and without mods. if you are stock and he is stock it should be a drivers' race in which you have the advantage down low. again, if he had nitrous he would have walked you easily. btw, IIRC all turbo cars come with wastegates

regardless, good win and way to show that little fartcan-yielding insect of a car whats up!
What I was saying was that he had an upgraded wastegate...I know about turbo cars, its general knowledge...but he had to have something done either way, no SRT4 sounds the way his does stock...the stock blow off valve is different and u cant hear the wastegate in that car stock
Old 04-19-2006, 02:55 PM
SmokeYoV8

it wasnt a bov it was a mopar plate that makes a pshh noise its just for sound....i have an srt4 and i raced an 05 stage 1 roush which is a gt i guess, he had intake tune and exhaust from what he said...i beat him form a roll everytime but i only beat him from a stop once out of 3 races from a stop, i was stock back then....ur friend probably doesnt have the feel for his car yet...if he shifts right he should be able to beat u from a roll but ull have the advantage from a stop...both cars are very close stock vs stock.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I test drove a SRT before I bought the GT and I think the SRT has the GT from a roll of 30MPH and up. But from a dig(standing start) the GT should beat and SRT every time if only by half a car in the 1/4.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I don't know about you... but there were many SRT4s when we went to the track... and I don't even think they were even in the 13s... (I don't know what stages they were, but even still.) Though the facts still remain... Faster or slower, these cars seperate the men from the boys. The boys can have their Honda's, Acura's, Dodge SRT4s, Chevy Cobalt SS, Ford Focus... while the men will have their Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaro's, and so on.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:28 PM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

What the **** is a srt4?? Maybe I will go searching for one that wants to play

Quick Reply: First official Run 05 SRT4- 06 GT