Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How fast is the Nissan 350Z ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:00 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How fast is the Nissan 350Z ?

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

Your stang should be good for 13.5-13.8 good driver.

RJ used to be a really good place but the owner died a few months back and to be honest its gone down hill now. The ale house is the place that I go to now. Next time your in town pm me and I'll give you some tips on that stang.

No it was the TT. I had the slow one at the time.(wasnt slow to me, I was 18) Wish I could of had the TT great car.
13.5-13.8. I hope I can get those kinds of numbers or something close to that. I'm just hoping I don't stall on my first run. [sm=joke.gif]
I'll have to find a quite road and start practicing. This should be fun. I can't wait.

That sucks about RJs, I haven't been there in a long time. Oh well. I guess I'm not going there anymore.

The non TT 300Zs were pretty quick for back then. Unlike today, there weren't as many cars that could do 0 - 60 in the 6.0 - 6.9 second range.
Now you've got all kinds of 4-door sedans and SUVs that can to do that. Turbo or non-turbo, those 1990 - 1996 Zs still look good. I wish my Dad would've kept his because I wanted it, but there was no way I could afford it since I was a poor college student at the time.

ORIGINAL: Fly

Good to finally see a guy with a "brand X" car on here that's not a troll. Anyway, I have a friend with a 2005 model 300hp 350Z and he's an animal on the 6 speed, and if you don't out drive him, he will take your lunch money! Choose your races wisely grasshoppa! I really wanted to race him stock for stock, but we could never hook up. Now I've started modding mine so we'll never know...
No problem.
The nice thing about owning both cars is that I get to present my unbiased points of view.
I've seen many Stang versus Z versus Stang posts on both Mustang and Z forums and the thing I don't get is why these people keep comparing them. They're two totally different cars (2-seater vs 4-seater) and yet they're constantly comparing them.
The real comparison should be against the G35, but I guess since the Camaros and Firebirds have gone on haitus, but not for long, the Mustang is in a class of its own so people have to find something to compare it to. I'm happy with it being in a class of its own.
I just hope Ford will be ready with a badass Mustang, which it looks like they are (i.e. Shelby, Cobra), for when the Camaros and Firebirds roll out because you know those Chevy and Pontiac folks will be ordering and lining up to get their hands on one. So, Ford needs to do something to keep the buyers interest in the Mustang. There has to be some kind of additional cosmetic changes in 2007.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:23 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jt14894

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

Your stang should be good for 13.5-13.8 good driver.

RJ used to be a really good place but the owner died a few months back and to be honest its gone down hill now. The ale house is the place that I go to now. Next time your in town pm me and I'll give you some tips on that stang.

No it was the TT. I had the slow one at the time.(wasnt slow to me, I was 18) Wish I could of had the TT great car.
13.5-13.8. I hope I can get those kinds of numbers or something close to that. I'm just hoping I don't stall on my first run. [sm=joke.gif]
I'll have to find a quite road and start practicing. This should be fun. I can't wait.

That sucks about RJs, I haven't been there in a long time. Oh well. I guess I'm not going there anymore.

The non TT 300Zs were pretty quick for back then. Unlike today, there weren't as many cars that could do 0 - 60 in the 6.0 - 6.9 second range.
Now you've got all kinds of 4-door sedans and SUVs that can to do that. Turbo or non-turbo, those 1990 - 1996 Zs still look good. I wish my Dad would've kept his because I wanted it, but there was no way I could afford it since I was a poor college student at the time.

Good to finally see a guy with a "brand X" car on here that's not a troll. Anyway, I have a friend with a 2005 model 300hp 350Z and he's an animal on the 6 speed, and if you don't out drive him, he will take your lunch money! Choose your races wisely grasshoppa! I really wanted to race him stock for stock, but we could never hook up. Now I've started modding mine so we'll never know...
No problem.
The nice thing about owning both cars is that I get to present my unbiased points of view.
I've seen many Stang versus Z versus Stang posts on both Mustang and Z forums and the thing I don't get is why these people keep comparing them. They're two totally different cars (2-seater vs 4-seater) and yet they're constantly comparing them.
The real comparison should be against the G35, but I guess since the Camaros and Firebirds have gone on haitus, but not for long, the Mustang is in a class of its own so people have to find something to compare it to. I'm happy with it being in a class of its own.
I just hope Ford will be ready with a badass Mustang, which it looks like they are (i.e. Shelby, Cobra), for when the Camaros and Firebirds roll out because you know those Chevy and Pontiac folks will be ordering and lining up to get their hands on one. So, Ford needs to do something to keep the buyers interest in the Mustang. There has to be some kind of additional cosmetic changes in 2007.

Even though there are differnt beasts, my friend has a 6spd 05 Z (I'm waiting for my 06 5spd GT). And i can tell you for a few reason people compare the Z/GT and not the G35. Too start off w/ the Z and Gt are in the same price range w/ 300 or close to 300hp (287hp). and the g35 overpriced(I look into a G35 because i need a sport car that had a better ride, the Z's susp way too siff for my little back problem i have and the g35 starts at 35 and the time you get everything you want, moon roof, lips,etc; its an easy 40G) I'm not sure of the handling of the GT, but ive driven a 6 05 6cyc and that car handles like a pig compare to the Z. But think about it how many sports cars that have two doors (not the evo,sti) can you buy that have 300hp under 30G, i can only think of the Z and GT. there both beast, differnt but fun sport cars w/ 300hp under 30g
Old 04-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

The 350Z makes 300 hp this year. It's a drivers race.
HP isnt everything. Wheres the torque?

VQ35DE—3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine (A/T models)
287 hp @ 6,200 rpm
274 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

VQ35DE—3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine (M/T models)
300 hp @ 6,400 rpm
260 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

GT
Horsepower (SAE net @ rpm) 300 @ 5750
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 320 @ 4500
Old 04-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Fly
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gone2

The 350Z makes 300 hp this year. It's a drivers race.
HP isnt everything. Wheres the torque?
It takes less torque to move a lighter car. But the reason I posted that was to give a heads up to the guy who thought they were 260 hp. Don't EVEN try to make it look like I'm siding up with the 350Z.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Just checking.

I think ours is like 3450lbs

The Z apparently is no light weight:

Curb Weights 350Z ENTH TOUR TRACK GRAND
Manual transmission 3,339 3,346 3,400 3,370 3,404
Automatic transmission N/A 3,344 3,380 N/A 3,391

My wife was looking at the G35 coupe for a while but we had so many problems with out nissan xterra and our friend's nissan Titan is making him lose his hair, we decided against nissan/infinity. We had more problems with out xtrerra than ALL of my previous vehicles added together (and I'm 37 years old).

Old 04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Fly
2nd Gear Member

Just checking.
Good one!

I had no idea Nissans were having those issues. I've never kept any car long enough to be able to judge with any credibility. This GT is my <cough> 79th car <cough> in my 42 years. Most of them were older muscle cars. I've worked for Honda for the last 15 years, so I kinda lean towards them as far as imports go if for no other reason. I prefer American muscle though, so I bought the GT over the S-2000.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:33 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Just checking.

I think ours is like 3450lbs

The Z apparently is no light weight:

Curb Weights 350Z ENTH TOUR TRACK GRAND
Manual transmission 3,339 3,346 3,400 3,370 3,404
Automatic transmission N/A 3,344 3,380 N/A 3,391

My wife was looking at the G35 coupe for a while but we had so many problems with out nissan xterra and our friend's nissan Titan is making him lose his hair, we decided against nissan/infinity. We had more problems with out xtrerra than ALL of my previous vehicles added together (and I'm 37 years old).

Hey you're 37? I'll be 37 in a few months. I'm trying to hold out and stay 36, but time just won't stop.
I haven't had any issues with Nissan. Before I got my Z, I had a 1998 Maxima SE (5-spd). It was a nice car and I didn't have much problems with it. I then sold it to help pay for the Z, but I would've loved to keep it.
My Z is the Touring model so its the more heavier of the five Z types, but I have helped shed off a little extra weight. When I got NISMO rims, they were so much lighter than the stock rims. My the ride feels better and it feels somewhat lighter.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:52 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

*Raises his hand* Yeah, I was the guy who thought they had 260 hp, he was helping me out. =) See, that's what I get for posting before checking my stats.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Fly
2nd Gear Member

Man don't feel bad, I'm still trying to figure out what heck an Evo is!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:20 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: superiormirage

*Raises his hand* Yeah, I was the guy who thought they had 260 hp, he was helping me out. =) See, that's what I get for posting before checking my stats.
No problemo. I've been there and done that.

Man don't feel bad, I'm still trying to figure out what heck an Evo is!

Isn't that some kind of short bread cookie?
Where do these car companies come up with these with funny names to attract buyers?
Does anybody know what car company used to make the Matador? Yes, there was a really a car named after a bullfighter.

Quick Reply: How fast is the Nissan 350Z ?