Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hey! Automatic trans drivers, ever get this insult?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:06 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hey! Automatic trans drivers, ever get this insult?

I get it all of the time, they also tell that must have slowed the car down alot. I just agree and tell them it is slow. I can't drive a manual very well, I can drive one, but not good enough to drag race so I go with the auto.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Some guy with a roush charger was tellin me that stufff at the track, he didnt want to race me though, he just saw my 12.8 run. I told the guy that works there to line me up with him anyway, he did, and my 12.9 to his 13.5, i loved the look of his face back at the pits, he made up some excuse that it wasnt tuned right. Just mad cuz his 360+whp stick, lost to my almost 300hp auto
Old 05-03-2006, 04:21 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

If I had known my car would have a turbo on it as quickly as it did, I would have bought an automatic. Turbos love autos because you can build boost against the convertor. The car would be even faster with an automatic.

I enjoy driving manual trans cars, but this one will get a full manual automatic with a trans brake when I build a shortblock.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
jkstang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marguerite66

"No, automatic"
"Ohh really.....Car like that should really have a standard" (meanwhile this person drives a pile of garbage)

Does anyone else get this? Looking for a good comeback that may calm my anger.
"The Automatic keeps my other hand free for your...wife/girlfriend/mom/insert female reference here"
"The AT keeps my third leg free for your wife/girlfriend/mom, she's not complaining!"
As you drive away, yell out..."Tell her I said Thanks, I call her later!"
Old 05-03-2006, 09:24 PM
marguerite66
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all the great comeback lines, although I can't use some of them with the 3rd leg or pleasing someone's girlfriend/wife/etc.. I guess I should have mentioned that I'm a woman. I feel better already knowing a lot of other people get this same remark. Next time it happens, I won't be so upset because I'll be thinking of all these funny suggestions.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 PM
jkstang
1st Gear Member

Why didn't you say so...

How about these:

"My husband/boyfriend has all the stick I need!"
While shaking your head - "You boys, always thinking about playing with your sticks"
Burst this out, yelling like a crushed cat, "WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ABOUT YOUR *****?!?"
LOL...that would be hilarious!

If you have an alterative lifestyle...I'm sure I could come up with a few more.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jkstang

Why didn't you say so...

How about these:

"My husband/boyfriend has all the stick I need!"
While shaking your head - "You boys, always thinking about playing with your sticks"
Burst this out, yelling like a crushed cat, "WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ABOUT YOUR *****?!?"
LOL...that would be hilarious!

If you have an alterative lifestyle...I'm sure I could come up with a few more.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

I love my stick, but wouldn't be the least bit ashamed to drive an auto in this Mustang.
Just tell them that this auto outperforms most other sticks.
Ford did a great job with this car, and your average Joe can't shift a manual well enough to outperform the new auto.
Of course, I say you should respond this way, after a little forethought.
In actuality, I would probably just laugh, and say "F'ing idiot", and be on my merry way.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tik_Tok

ORIGINAL: marguerite66

Looking for a good comeback that may calm my anger.
How about...

"F%$# You pal, it's a daily driver" (then punch him in stomach, push him on the ground, and kick him a few times)

just kidding.

AHHAHAHHAAHHAHHA - YES!

seriously though, anyone with an auto GT has a reason for it, whether you don't know how to drive stick, dont want to drive stick, or you drive in serious LA traffic every day....the fact is, they are still great cars....and i'll agree, that with a CAI and custom tune, these autos have some sweet shifiting and probably out perform any loser in a rice rocket who thinks he knows how to shift.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:38 PM
61unibody

Yep, I get it to! The last guy told me autos were form WHIMPS!!! He then got in standard trans piece of Chevy **** box Camaro and as he pulled out of the lot trying to impress all of us he missed second gear!!!! Life is Good!!!

I do agree a standard is fun to drive but if you look at all of the factors involved (cost, resale, durability) the only way to go is the auto!! jmo God, I must be getting OLD!!!! hahaha

Quick Reply: Hey! Automatic trans drivers, ever get this insult?