Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnuson vs Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 03:37 AM
Yooler05GT

Default Magnuson vs Whipple

Battle of the screw types... Does anyone know which one would be better as far as performance and hp and torque gains? anyone have either on their stangs?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:42 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Magnuson vs Whipple

I have the Steeda Magnuson kit and I am in the process of installing it...
Old 08-21-2006, 01:49 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

What about the Saleen TS?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Last time I checked magnachargers site the magnacharger was a Eaton-roots style S/C. I think it may be a modified version of the S/C that came on the terminators. The MP112 or something like that.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:00 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Timmay is correct, the Magnacharger is an Eaton based s/c. While it is more efficient than a regular roots blower it will never be as efficient as a twin screw. I'm not sure why you are concerned with the Whipple, go with a proven and get a Kenne Bell or Saleen.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:48 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

Worry about the whipple when they actually sell it to someone........ I would let some people install it on their car first, get some real #'s then decide. But Ford won't release it so right now its not even an option.....

To answer the question, I would have to say the Steeda has better performance since the whipple has 0hp until we can pit it on our car.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

Worry about the whipple when they actually sell it to someone........ I would let some people install it on their car first, get some real #'s then decide. But Ford won't release it so right now its not even an option.....

To answer the question, I would have to say the Steeda has better performance since the whipple has 0hp until we can pit it on our car.
I can understand you being concerned about the whipple in regards to there not being any 05-07 Kits out there right now except on Dustins car but in no way should you feel concerned about the power its going to make. This is the same compressor used on the 03-04 Cobras, Lightnings, F150's and a few other Whipple supercharger kits. Ask any owner of one of those kits if they are concerned about the power they make and you will find out then if you should be concerned!! Hope that helps. Jared@Lethal

Old 08-21-2006, 04:50 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

The setup looks awesome.. and actually by the time I can afford a sc, the whipple will be tried and tested, but its just disheartening for the guys that want one now. They are losing quite a few sales..... Not ripping on the quality of the product, just how long its taking to put it out for the public..
Old 08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

The setup looks awesome.. and actually by the time I can afford a sc, the whipple will be tried and tested, but its just disheartening for the guys that want one now. They are losing quite a few sales..... Not ripping on the quality of the product, just how long its taking to put it out for the public..
Understandable! Just keep in mind not only does Whipple make a real nice supercharger kit but they also are good people to deal with. They have been working hard on getting this kit perfect and they wouldn't release it until that was accomplished. I admire that, as it shows the real concern for their product and the excellent reputation they want to continue to have. Yes, they have lost some sales being one of the last to release a S197 kit. However there are still plenty of 05-07 GT's out there that are still in need of a Supercharger and when they get a Whipple they will have one of the badest blowers available!! Jared@Lethal

Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I don't know why everyone is in such a rush for the whipple. Maybe I can say this cuz I won't be buying FI for some time but you shouldn't rush perfection. But with the wait I do have high expextations for this kit.

Quick Reply: Magnuson vs Whipple