Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 07:09 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Bassani Exhaust

Just installed the bassani mufflers, to see how it sounds, and i love em, i know they will get louder but there still a little to quiet for me. Good thing i bought the X pipe with high flow cats . Does anyone have this set up that can comment on the sound, will the X pipe make it much louder? as a i want to increase the noise a little but dont want it to loud as it is a daily driver. I have heard the videos already, although i know it sounds much different in real life. So i was wondering if anyone would care to comment who has this set up, thanks.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bassani Exhaust

The exhaust sounds absolutely great with the x pipe and high flow cats, although it is significantly loud. I think the bassani mufflers sounds really comes out with the cats and x pipe. Its very distinct and the tone is perfect. Its loud enough to set off car alarms when driving by , if you gas it a little. You will be very pleased with the cats and x pipe. I will tell you though, its loud and its amazing.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:40 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

Quick question for both you Bassani owners: I have been considering a Bassani exhaust system for my '05, but I've been trying to hold out till I can hear one in person. Do either of you get any drone at cruising speeds?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 AM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

with just the mufflers no drone for me, im really starting to like the sound of the axle backs only, and i might sell the X pipe with cats on ebay, brand new in box or on here, although id hate 2 not try it first, and u said there loud, and loud enough 2 set off car alarms? thats a loud exhaust for me as a daily
Old 05-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

So first in reply to superiormirage, there isnt nearly as much drone as a magnaflow or borla set up, but there is some drone at low speeds, virtually none on highway. And GT06GT, i would definitely classify it as loud, but not extremely loud. I think if you already have the axle backs and you want it louder, put the x and cats on. It really gives it the distinct sound and tone of bassani. About the car alarms, you could set them off if you wanted too. Its kinda cool. From what it seems like, you like it loud and since you bought the bassani, you obviously want quality and sound, so try the x and cats. I very much doubt that you will take them off.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:40 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

how is the x and cats @ idle, and low rpms (2K and below)... now u got me wanting to try them
Old 05-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

It has a really good sound at low idle but really comes out when you gas it a little, even at 2500 rpm. Around 2k its similar to the axle backs with a bit more of a tone to it. You should try it, that would be the best way for you to hear it. That way you wont regret it if you decide to sell it.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:56 PM
sdwndr
1st Gear Member

I have read a lot of comments about the Bassani, but no one ever seems to mention which kind they have...Do you guys have the BX, SS, or SS Race axle back?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 AM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

SS all the way, i dont buy that cheap milled stuff so it can rust off, but from what i hear the tone isnt different, untill a hole rusts through that is
Old 05-08-2006, 01:58 AM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

You should try it, that would be the best way for you to hear it
Stang Skeleton, how is this compaired to the real thing ? is it deeper? its obviously louder, any comment you can make to what the video isnt picking up would help

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust