Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anti Theft Suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:27 PM
mofo T

Default Anti Theft Suggestions???

Hello,
Anybody out there have any Anti Thetf suggestion as far as what they would recomend and which to stay away from? Be it an alarm system (company to recomend or stay away from), using the club, low jack, kill switch, all of the above, or anything else? I live in a apartment complex and have two other roommates and only one covered parking space is allowed per apartment so sometimes I end up parking on the street sometimes a block away. I've been doing research on CAI's, X-pipes, Cat back systems, Wheels, tires and am very excited about doing all of this to my car and then realized, I should probably look into an alarm system of sometype before I do all of this. Are there any alarm system's that can alert your cell phone since sometimes I have to park a block away??? Any suggestions on alarm systems or better ways of protecting your car??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-T
Old 05-07-2006, 11:05 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anti Theft Suggestions???

I asked myself the same question. Went with Lojack, a car alarm and something special. I bought a tire boot. The bottom line is that if someone wants your car they will get it and that is ultimately what insurance is for. To make the car that much more difficult some good old low tech, need to flat bed that car away should make it that more less a target. Lojack is to locate the car should it be mis-placed, nobody listens to alarms and after some time they seem to start becoming less reliable. Things like the club have become easily defated once you have something huge on one of your front wheels that is in no way easily removed and you have parked facing some obstruction. The only way to remove the car is to pull it from where it is parked, this will make lots of noise.
I know there are all these GPS based alarms and new technology that is supposed to keep our cars safe. A bullet from an AK47 will take down an Apache easily. Sometimes a low tech approach to a high tech problem will certainly win.
I guess the best solution is to make the job that much more difficult so the target may change.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:12 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Hey guys,
take a look at this;

http://www.mymobileguardian.com/

This was recently discussed, but I can't remember the thread. Mobile guardian allows you to track your vehicle on line via triangulated satellite, activate the kill switch on your car, should it be stolen then shut off, will notify you via E Mail, cell phone, text, etc. if the alarm activates. Notification is immediate. You can also set the speed trap to limit the speed of the vehicle....As I have said before, it's a great accessory I hope I never have to use......

Mike

Old 05-08-2006, 12:19 AM
lost in kuwait

yall could move to kuwait very low crime rate here i think if you get caught stealintg a car it like 20 years in jail or one of you hands that is why i can leave my keys in the car and its still thier in the morning no we have a version of lowjack and it is great it cut the car when the cops are with in a 100 meters makes them easy to catch
Old 05-08-2006, 07:15 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Any one have the dealer (option) active anti theft system? is it good enough?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:40 PM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lost in kuwait

yall could move to kuwait very low crime rate here i think if you get caught stealintg a car it like 20 years in jail or one of you hands that is why i can leave my keys in the car and its still thier in the morning no we have a version of lowjack and it is great it cut the car when the cops are with in a 100 meters makes them easy to catch
You hit the nail on the head. We're too soft on crime. If you're caught stealing you lose a hand. If you take a life you pay with your own, etc.

If the punishment fits the crime I'll bet we'd have one heck of a decrease in our crime rate. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:46 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Here is my personal pick for anti-theft deturant

Old 05-09-2006, 07:53 PM
bcc333
1st Gear Member

yall r over thinking this.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31840/AE4574A331B1476F803D5798DB8964D9.jpg[/IMG]

just place this on the front seat.

or put $500 bucks in your savings account for your insurance deductable, save your car receipts for the arguments with the adjuster, and leave the keys in it.

a floodlight fixed to a motion detector.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

what's that mobile guardian run ya? I didn't see a price on the site
Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Another good one is the one i plan on putting in, its the VIPER 5000 . Full 2 way transmitter with a LCD screen with a picture of your ride ...you can add on options like GPS and all those goodies...

some info

some more info

Quick Reply: Anti Theft Suggestions???