Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No more fun...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default No more fun...

Well, today I went over to Evolution Performance because me and Fred have been talking about getting those resonators installed. So I headed down, but apparently he e-mailed me last night telling me the resonators were on back order and not to come down.

Needless to say I didn't get this e-mail because I headed down, and Fred informed me of the bad news. He did have two Magnaflow resonator's so they ended up putting them on. I was further disappointed to hear that the Dyno wasn't working. Something or another with the brake lines, and they were waiting for it to be repaired...

Results: The exhaust is no more loud and obnoxious, which is the reaon for the "No more fun..." It is a lot deeper, but a lot quieter as well. I have yet to adjust to it, to see if I prefer the sound... but they also still need to break in some.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: No more fun...

After driving it around town and having the resonator's break in just a little bit more... I think I might actually begin to like this new sound. It's no where near as loud as my other exhaust setup, but it is a lot deeper.

With the previous exhaust it was pretty much obnoxious, loud, and sounded like a force to be reckoned with so to speak...

The new setup is half as loud as the previous, but a lot deeper and consistant tones. At WOT it begins to lose it's deepness and turn into the nasty menace it was once before, but now it's a lot cleaner but still some break up in RPMs.

I'm pretty certain if a person just had an Off-Road H-pipe and Magnaflow mufflers they would pretty much sound the way I'm sounding right now, even though I have the SLP Loudmouths the Magnaflow Resonator's really are the 'mufflers'

I'm still undecided which one I like better. I'm all for loud and crazy, but this other one might have some potential. Especially whenever I do some long tube headers, which might raise up the volume due to the increase in exhaust flow. We'll see!

Anyway, even though you couldn't make me completely satisfied Fred, thanks! -- Oh, and I forgot to take my poster with me.. haha. Why did they cut the chick's head off anyway? Was she ugly with an incredibly hot body?