Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why do rice rockets liked to be killed over and over?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:37 AM
talios
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Why do rice rockets liked to be killed over and over?

Ya, figured you'd say that...on the other hand maybe they were just waiting for all of you to go roaring off on a city street and flyby a cop, rofl.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:39 AM
*bmxking*
1st Gear Member

im deffinitly love my mustang and all other but, i have seen my far shar of RICER out there that will beat a mustang..all im saying it depends on how the car is built.. like the new evo 8 with 400hp and does 0 to 60 in 3.5 sec.... im a mustang lover but more about cars and the way people build them..
Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

They've seen how you drive, and they have the skills to make up for the torque?
Old 05-22-2006, 01:40 PM
OverStressed

I've got up on some cars that I knew would whomp my Mustang to see what they can do. I have an 05 GT vert with 306HP and 333FTLBS at the rear wheels running low 13 to high 12's. I've goated on Vipers, Vettes and Porches to try and get them to floor it. Maybe these guys just wanted to see what a real car can do.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

LOVE the "break down" of the rice rocket
Old 05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Well, for the benefit of the members who read this thread, I am going to answer the question. Viking was right too, but there is a simple explanation why the 'imports' always want to race against 'faster' cars. ('Faster' cause that's not always the case)

Throughout the Internet, Streetfire, etc, etc, their are tons of videos of seriously modded imports and seriously fast imports. Yes, there are 9 sec street imports out there, deal with it. But it is a fact that these cars are few and far between. So all of the young import guys see these videos of these legitimately super fast imports beating american muscle. Now you add that to all the marketing that's done by aftermarket companies to the import guys selling them 'fast and the furious crap' and then they get it in their heads that with a $1500 investment, they are going to be just as fast as these amazing imports they see in the videos. Sadly, most fail to realize just how much money these fast imports they see in videos actually have in them. So they buy a turbo kit or N2O kit and expect to be a 9 sec car. They roll up on a GM or Ford and think to themselves, "I'll show this guy" cause "hey, if the car in streetfire did it, I have a turbo, mine should too" ...lol.

So they commence to get walked and then the common disease 'IMPORTITOUS' kicks in and that's the excuse disease that starts playing hallucinigennic tricks on thier mind. The disease causes them to believe that that turbo spool cost them or that clutch slipped, or that cylinder misfired, etc, etc. So now in their mind, they never actually lost the race, they were just the victim of bad circumstance. 'IMPORTITOUS' now convinces them that may must do a flyby to show you that the car easily could have beaten you except for that pesky problem. They go looking for the next muscle car to dominate now that the problem is solved and the entire IMPORTITOUS symptoms start all over again.

Unfortuneately, doctors have come to the conclusion that the only cure for IMPORTITOUS is to sell your import and get a real car.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:49 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

And I have been cured of "Impotitus" I wasnt that into Imports just had one. But when you talk to people with Imports all they talk about is being faster then a v8 stang. It's their first goal, to beat mustangs, then it is corvettes, then it is crotch rockets. And yes I have personally seen an Import beat crotch rockets. But to do this you have to replace every single part on your car with the industries best parts. And weight reduction like liposuction. Their favorite reason for going import is "Gas is cheap, and my car costs less." Almost everytime, ask them why they never buoght muscle they have that reason. I have the same reason for doing it, but I was easily converted into muscle car *****.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

This thread is hilarious!

Importitus....that's classic! [sm=roll.gif]
Old 05-23-2006, 01:14 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Not to be confused with this one....

And I have been cured of "Impotitus"
I think they can medicate for that now......
Old 05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Ricers have one thing in mind when they race to get ahead for .10 of a second and say that they won or when pulling up to a stop sign when you have clearly stopped to have a true drag race with them they roll through it in third gear and say they won. I have to say i did own a four cylinder car but i was no ricer i had an 04 nissan sentra SER Spec-V that i did heavy mods too that would smoke mustangs and stock vettes but when it comes down to it i prefer V8 rumbling muscle than a fourcylinder car that has an exhaust the sounds like two cats humping in a trash can.[:'(] Thats why i am now the proud owner of my DREAM CAR 2006 Mustang GT.

Quick Reply: Why do rice rockets liked to be killed over and over?