Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen Extreme Edition Parts (taking orders)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:09 PM
DanDaMan
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen Extreme Edition Parts (taking orders)

I just got word from Carlos, Sales Manager-Aftermarket at Saleen. They are now taking orders for their Extreme Edition Parts. He did not mention an actual release date but . . ., well, here’s his e-mail:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We have the following available soon and are taking orders now:

475 hp kit $999.99
3.871 pulley
98mm mass air Saleen box cover
Tube from air box to throttle
39lb injectors

Carlos Duran
Sales Manager-Aftermarket

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos says to call or e-mail him with any questions. Mention on the call or in the e-mail from who (DanDaMan) you heard about them from, I think because this is not published info yet. In any case:

His e-mail is:
cduran@saleen.com

His phone number is:
(949) 597-3842
Old 05-12-2006, 07:12 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Extreme Edition Parts (taking orders)

Exactly what does "Saleen Extreme Edition Parts" entail?
Old 05-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

475 HP for $999?
Old 05-12-2006, 07:26 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

475 HP for $999?
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 05-12-2006, 08:04 PM
DanDaMan
1st Gear Member

The Saleen Series VI Supercharger is a prerequesite to this kit. Assuming you already have the blower, the $999.99 kit encludes:

3.871 pulley (one smaller size from the "stock" Saleen Supercharger pulley
98mm mass air Saleen box cover (more air)
Tube from air box to throttle (quite a bit thicker tube. I saw this unit and it looks very similar to the Ford stock unit except BIGGER)
39lb injectors (blue = beautiful, 24lb is stock)

Again, any questions you have, call or e-mail Carlos and drop my name so he'll know where the inquiry came from; otherwise, I'm not sure how long it might be before he gets back with you. I don't think Saleen has made any announcements about this kit yet.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:13 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Sounds great for someone who just has the Saleen blower with no air/fuel upgrades.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:31 PM
DanDaMan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Sounds great for someone who just has the Saleen blower with no air/fuel upgrades.
Exactly. Or, maybe, if you want your AF upgrades to look completely OEM, then there's always E-Bay (for the "other" stuff)
Old 05-12-2006, 11:28 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I dont know, saleen stuff seems overpriced to me. The ford racing whipple kit is supposed to have all the goodies (fuel pump, 39lb injectors, etc) be intercooled and be 5 grand complete.

I think their HO kit puts down 475 at the rear tires with possibly a ford warrentee if I got it straight.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:42 PM
DanDaMan
1st Gear Member

Is the Ford Racing Whipple Kit out yet? I hadn't heard. Besides, to quote the little girl in ***** Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, "I want my golden goose, NOW, Daddy"

Personally, I already made the leap with the Saleen Supercharger 2 months ago, taking advantage of a nice sales event at a nearby Ford Dealer and I had to go by Saleen for some adjustments, most of which ended up being a bad throttle body which Ford replaced. Anyway, I learned about these parts then and I've been waiting for them . . . so, here I am, simply sharing with everyone. I think you are right that Whipple does have some kind of warranty but Saleen does too, and this package might be a contender esp. for someone who has just purchased their car. I personally like the Saleen SC, I admire the design, it's very non-invaisive and pretty darn easy to install. I also like the engineering attention paid to the airflow between the TB and the cylinders which Ithink everyone agrees is very efficient.

ORIGINAL: classj

I dont know, saleen stuff seems overpriced to me. The ford racing whipple kit is supposed to have all the goodies (fuel pump, 39lb injectors, etc) be intercooled and be 5 grand complete.

I think their HO kit puts down 475 at the rear tires with possibly a ford warrentee if I got it straight.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:56 AM
loadedpony

DanDaMan, I also have the s/c from probably the same dealer. What was your problem with the throttle body? I have a gremlin too... anyway, emailed carlos and very interested in their upgrade but I think you still need to drop by there for a flash and then you are locked into that. I am also wondering what their "airbox" solution is. The pulley change is from a 4 inch so they are being very conservative. So you are getting a injectors, an "airbox", MAF, and a tune for 1g -- which isnt ridiculous if it keeps the saleen in waranty. but thinking about just going to adam at st.

Quick Reply: Saleen Extreme Edition Parts (taking orders)