Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Wife just gave the go ahead for a new FFRP S/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 12:58 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wife just gave the go ahead for a new FFRP S/C

ORIGINAL: mongrull006

the saleen is cheaper but it also does not come with injectors, plugs, fuel pump, cold air kit, and MAF like the whipple kit does. and the saleen i have heard their tune is pretty lean so you might need a good dyno tune to go with it.

viking, i also wanted to mention that i believe you are getting the whipple and frpp s/c confused. as far as i know frpp has no released any sprecific info on their s/c other than that it is made by whipple. if i am wrong please provide a link for my reading pleasure. anyway, my point is, i dont believe ford will release a warrenteed s/c that puts 475hp to the wheels. i strongly believe the frpp kit will be either be the 405hp non-intercooled kit or some sort or hybrid of the whipple kits, but if the frpp kit is infact the 475hp kit it will deffenatly be the best bang for your buck on the market so far if it does bring with it any warrenty issues.
I wish I had concrete info, I don't just what I've been reading on the web. Also, supposedly the kit is whole compared to Saleen, but again, no proof until it gets released. I want the intercooled kit, damn I wish there was more info.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:08 AM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

if the rep was right then his $4000 estimate is very close ($4500)to what lethal performance preorder price for the non-intercooled kit is.

Ty
Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deadeye_doc

As a married guy I have also found it is easier to ask forgiveness than beg for permission.
I have nothing but respect for woman/wives they are God's greatest goift to us. I myself hate when guys bag on the whole wife thing. I am sure you guys know what i mean. I myself have a great wife and she is my best friend. But i agree with that statement above it is always easier to ask for forgiveness then the get permission. I will not use the word beg because i personally would never beg.

Richard
Old 05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I spoke with whipple last week. Supposidly their kit and fords are one and the same. No difference. They are claiming ford is going to honor the factory warentee. That I have to see to believe though.

Both should be priced at 5000 for the black HO intercooled version which is 475 RWHP.

Sounds like a deal to me. Roush wants 56-5700. Saleen is more when you add their upgrade kit.

They claim availibility in 4-8 weeks. But who knows for sure. I know I wouldent want to be the first one on the block with it for one thing. Let them work the problems out of it and get it right before I tackle it.

I think I am going to do the intake and tune in the mean time. Worst case scenereo, I will have to e-bay the CAI if I go supercharged. Sounds like the tuner is a good thing to have anyway.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:04 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

i really hope that is the case because i REALLY want that kit, and my warrenty [sm=gears.gif]
Old 05-14-2006, 09:19 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Check EBAY .. you can get any brand and model.. you can always ask the person selling you the kit if it comes with plugs, etc. ( as per the Saleen S/C ) as they are "authorized Saleen sellers" so they should know there product.. if not then guy to the next guy.. again so many on EBAY it is not even funny...

best of luck.. now if I could just get the OK from my wife.. lol

BTW: they have them IN STOCK ( on any brand you want.. or they say they do ).. all you have to due is pay them money..

Rex
Old 05-14-2006, 09:21 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I just read above about 8psi on the whipple, from the conversation with whipple they are claiming closer to 10psi.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

whipple is advertising 3 different kits (well actually six but each of the three is avail in black or polished). the non-intercooled @6psi and 405rwhp, the intercooled 8psi @ 475 and another intercooled kit that is 10-12psi thaty i can find no hp output numbers on.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1208

classj, i am not quite sure i understand your last post
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Ty
Old 05-14-2006, 11:22 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

For some reason I thought the 475hp kit ran 10-12 psi of boost. I just looked at the whipple site and I stand corrected, it is 8psi.

Those are certainly nicenumbers though.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:34 AM
rotorr22
1st Gear Member

I cannot believe Ford Racing will release an 8 Ib boost kit for a stock 3V and warranty it. They may warranty the blower, but that doesn't mean Ford dealers will honor your 3 year/36K warranty if you grenade a short block. Roush did not engineer a 5 Ib boost kit in a vacuum given his strong Ford connections. It just doesn't make sense that FRP will come out with an 8 Ib kit for a stock 3V. If the 3V can survive happily for 36K+ miles at 8 Ibs with a stock shortblock, I think Roush would have offered it. Then again, I might be surprised. If FRP offers 400+ RWP in a COMPLETE warrantied package for around $5K, we'll have to stand in line to buy them.

Quick Reply: Wife just gave the go ahead for a new FFRP S/C