Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ohio Performance shops...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 AM
PCstang05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ohio Performance shops...

What about Summit? It's near Akron....It's a little east of central, right off the turnpike (76).
Old 06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Brownie

Don't want to hijack... but does anyone know of an shops that can dyno/tune in Northwest Ohio? (Toledo Area)
Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brownie

Don't want to hijack... but does anyone know of an shops that can dyno/tune in Northwest Ohio? (Toledo Area)
I dont know if this is what u are talking about....

61unibody
Give CRT Performance in Norwalk OH a call.... they are super nice and they both race stangs... They will be doing my 06 this Sat and after that we will be looking to improve upon my 609HP 427 65 Galaxie.... always lookin for more... They have a website, if you need the ph number let me know and I can get it for you.
I believe that is northwest......
Old 06-08-2006, 08:54 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I live in Akron and go to Summit Racing quite often. They only sell high performance parts. They do not recommend any shops nor do they do any of the installs; the only exception being tires/wheel mounting/balancing. Akron is in Summit County, hence the name.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
RazorX

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

ORIGINAL: RazorX

np
Well I got an appointment to have 4.10s and an Xcal2 put in and dyno tuned by Jeff next friday(16th). I cant wait to get my car back. Hes going to install the 4.10s and I am gonna bring down a JLT 2 CAI intake and he is gonna dyno tune the car with the xcal 2(that i bought from him) for the CAI and for 93 octane.

Jeffs a good guy to talk too, he was great to deal with so far.
Cool. I will be going down to his shop on Saturday to do some dyno pulls and pickup a Pro 5.0 shifter.

Are you only going to get only the one tune, at 93 octane?

Let me know how the gear install works out for you.

Yeah, I thought you would be happy with Jeff. He is a great guy and seems to run a top-notch shop.

Are you going out to National Trails tomorrow night by any chance? I may be going over to make a couple passes.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:18 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

np
Well I got an appointment to have 4.10s and an Xcal2 put in and dyno tuned by Jeff next friday(16th). I cant wait to get my car back. Hes going to install the 4.10s and I am gonna bring down a JLT 2 CAI intake and he is gonna dyno tune the car with the xcal 2(that i bought from him) for the CAI and for 93 octane.

Jeffs a good guy to talk too, he was great to deal with so far.
Cool. I will be going down to his shop on Saturday to do some dyno pulls and pickup a Pro 5.0 shifter.

Are you only going to get only the one tune, at 93 octane?

Let me know how the gear install works out for you.

Yeah, I thought you would be happy with Jeff. He is a great guy and seems to run a top-notch shop.

Are you going out to National Trails tomorrow night by any chance? I may be going over to make a couple passes.
Sorry but I dont have alot of money haha(got to save for next week) but I usually go to this Strip up im area kinda worn-out but its close..Marion County International Raceway its not the greatest but its cheap and they dont hassel ya. I actually live north of Marysville up near the Honda plants.

Yeah im really lookin forward to see his shop and gettin that work done. Its the first mods i have done to my Stang so far and it should be enough performance boost to keep me occupied for a while, so i can work on the exterior stuff. Yeah right I know(nothing is ever enough) I am already tryin to save for Port and polished heads and a new set of cams from Comp cams. That is where next years tax money will come in handy. I hope
Old 06-25-2006, 02:55 AM
RazorX

Sorry but I dont have alot of money haha(got to save for next week) but I usually go to this Strip up im area kinda worn-out but its close..Marion County International Raceway its not the greatest but its cheap and they dont hassel ya. I actually live north of Marysville up near the Honda plants.

Yeah im really lookin forward to see his shop and gettin that work done. Its the first mods i have done to my Stang so far and it should be enough performance boost to keep me occupied for a while, so i can work on the exterior stuff. Yeah right I know(nothing is ever enough) I am already tryin to save for Port and polished heads and a new set of cams from Comp cams. That is where next years tax money will come in handy. I hope
I think I saw your car at Precision last Thursday (June 15). I was on my way to Kilkare to make some passes so I stopped by the shop on the way. We took a group Mustangs (I believe seven total) out to the track together.

Your tint looks great by the way. Where did you have it done?

I’m guessing you have your car back by now. What's the verdict?
Old 06-25-2006, 03:06 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

I think I saw your car at Precision last Thursday (June 15). I was on my way to Kilkare to make some passes so I stopped by the shop on the way. We took a group Mustangs (I believe seven total) out to the track together.

Your tint looks great by the way. Where did you have it done?

I’m guessing you have your car back by now. What's the verdict?
Well the tint is 23% and it was done by Zibart(the one on Wilson RD. in columbus)..

I was just able about last thursday to get on it really good, and all i got to say is WOW. The gears really woke this car up and i believe that and the CAI w/tune is doin a great job too. Thats the problem with instaling more than one mod at a time, its hard to tell what did what.

RazorX,

Did u have your car tuned by Jeff or someone else? I like the total car performance but i am not sure but i think the tune was a little on the safe side(280.34rwhp from 269.31rwhp stock except for the 4.10s)just thouhgt there might be more in her....
Old 06-25-2006, 10:36 AM
RazorX

Well the tint is 23% and it was done by Zibart(the one on Wilson RD. in columbus)..
Did they have to put felt in to prevent the tint from scratching? I want to get mine tinted but I am a little bit concerned about the scratching problem that has been reported by many on the S197's.
I was just able about last thursday to get on it really good, and all i got to say is WOW. The gears really woke this car up and i believe that and the CAI w/tune is doin a great job too. Thats the problem with instaling more than one mod at a time, its hard to tell what did what.
I'm betting you are feeling the gear swap more than anything else. I did my CAI/tune first and then did the gear change later. The gear swap was much more 'seat of the pants" noticeable than the CAI/tune.
Did u have your car tuned by Jeff or someone else? I like the total car performance but i am not sure but i think the tune was a little on the safe side(280.34rwhp from 269.31rwhp stock except for the 4.10s)just thouhgt there might be more in her....
I am actually running a tune from Fred Cook @ Evolution Performance. That is where I bought the CAI and SCT tuner. The tuner came with three tunes (although I only received two) on it. I had my car dynoed at Jeff's a couple weeks ago and put down similar numbers with mine on the tune from Evolution and this is supposed to be one of the top three "mail-order" tunes available for our car. I have also read that the 4.10 gears bring the numbers down some. I'm not sure if that is true but I have read it in multiple threads on different Mustang boards.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:01 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Did they have to put felt in to prevent the tint from scratching? I want to get mine tinted but I am a little bit concerned about the scratching problem that has been reported by many on the S197's.
I am actually running a tune from Fred Cook @ Evolution Performance. That is where I bought the CAI and SCT tuner. The tuner came with three tunes (although I only received two) on it. I had my car dynoed at Jeff's a couple weeks ago and put down similar numbers with mine on the tune from Evolution and this is supposed to be one of the top three "mail-order" tunes available for our car. I have also read that the 4.10 gears bring the numbers down some. I'm not sure if that is true but I have read it in multiple threads on different Mustang boards.
As far as the Felt strips i dont know if they installed them, I have no scratches and its been well over a month(almost 2). Another thing about tint is if u have it done by Ziebart it has a lifetime warranty on it, for things like scratchin and turning the dreaded purple shade.

The more i drive the car the more i am happy with it. As soon as i get my raise at work taking care of, i plan on picking up a couple more things in the next few months. But untill then i have to save money for carpayment and my trip to Cedar point is comming up

Quick Reply: Ohio Performance shops...