Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05-06 MODLE PROBLEMS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:36 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 05-06 MODLE PROBLEMS!

I was on Brents dyno the other week and heard my brakes squeaking. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

The 3.73's that were installed by my incompetent mechanic; whine really bad when taking corners. That dipshet also scratched the driverside door.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:22 PM
sl8anic
1st Gear Member

Nothing major so far, nonetheless:

* Shaker 500/1000 skipping;
* A LOT of rattles from the dash & upper windshield area w/ top down;
* loose c-clamp on the exhaust that rattled like mad (fixed by the dealer);
* fading paint behind wheel-wells;
* VERY noisy gear/clutch engagement (sounds like tranny's about to explode);
* electric tape on most wiring harnesses instead of the typical hard tubing;
* parts of engine comp not painted/corroding;
* rear suspension is hopping like mad over bumps in turns;
* driver's side floor mat hook is coming off;
* convertible top latch on driver's side is "ginding" into place instead of smoothly closing;

There's also a rubbing/grinding noise coming from the front during turns, still watching that one.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:14 PM
nintendogaming

It's really too bad...when I bought this car, I was hoping not only for a fast hotrod but also a sleek, smooth riding, problem free car but that doesn't seem to be the case. Still, I did prepare myself for these problems that might come up and just bought the car with a set of mind that it was just meant to be fast, nothing else. This is actually my first domestic car and I'm having a blast driving it but I have to say, the build quality still lacks behind (just a tad) an import...so do I regret buying the 06 GT? Heck no! I love hitting 13's stock on the quarter. Anyways, here are the little problems that I'm going through or went through...

1.) The joystick assembly to adjust sidemirrors on the driver's side is coming off or isn't quite stuck properly.

2.) The Seat tilt lever on the passenger's side comes off.

3.) A rattling/squeeking noise coming from the front dash/windshield area.

4.) Rattling noise from shifter assembly on WOT. By the way, I do have a Steeda Tri-ax Shifter installed which is probably why, still wish it didnt come w/ these flaws.

5.) Clunking noise while accelerating if clutch is depressed at under 2,500 RPMS (which is a bitch because it forces me to shift out of 1st gear at 3,000 or higher RPMs, which is harder on gas mileage.

6.) Driver's side chair sqeeks...and I'm not fat or anything lol (180 lbs at 5'11").

- But, these are just the downsides...the upsides about this car completely outweighs the negatives by far.
- By the way, I'm planning on getting 4.10 gears installed w/ my CIA/tune but I'm worried b/c I keep hearing complaints from owners that it causes serious vibrations and rattles. Dont know about you but I never thought I'd think twice about getting aftermarket products because of problems like these. I do understand that changing out stock parts for performance parts would cause more noise but this is not the noise that I'm used to from my past experience (the stang is my 4th ride). Well, I'll still go and get the 4.10's, aluminum driveshaft, etc etc because like I said, it's still worth it and I'm gonna hit my goal of high 12's on the quarter, wish me luck.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:59 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Hey, I am the Chevykiller but let's be realistic here... IT'S A FORD...

Without minor problems it wouldn't be worthy of the Ford brand IMHO...lol

It is what it is but it is also a vehicle that loves mods, adpats to them well, and the modualr 3V has an appetite for HP and torque - what more could ask for from a hot rod??

The biggest thing to remember is that it is supposed to be just that - A HOT ROD. It is NOT the ultimate driving machine. It was built and sold on the premise of every other GM and ford muscle car for the past 30 years - it's a 'project ' and enthusiast car. If you're looking for hardocre relaibility at this price range, then you should be taking your business to the import lots IMO.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:34 PM
GONZOPR1

ORIGINAL: sl8anic

Nothing major so far, nonetheless:

* Shaker 500/1000 skipping;
* A LOT of rattles from the dash & upper windshield area w/ top down;
* loose c-clamp on the exhaust that rattled like mad (fixed by the dealer);
* fading paint behind wheel-wells;
* VERY noisy gear/clutch engagement (sounds like tranny's about to explode);
* electric tape on most wiring harnesses instead of the typical hard tubing;
* parts of engine comp not painted/corroding;
* rear suspension is hopping like mad over bumps in turns;
* driver's side floor mat hook is coming off;
* convertible top latch on driver's side is "ginding" into place instead of smoothly closing;

There's also a rubbing/grinding noise coming from the front during turns, still watching that one.

Now that you mention it, My also has electric tape all over. I usually clean the engine once a month and now the tape is coming off. I also have problems with the radio. Someimes it wo't turn up the volume and it won't play the CD's.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 PM
sl8anic
1st Gear Member

Yeah, radio's messed up. I'm surprised that there isn't a massive recall... Maybe moderators can start a poll of all the people w. Shaker systems that have issues

AD

ORIGINAL: GONZOPR1

Now that you mention it, My also has electric tape all over. I usually clean the engine once a month and now the tape is coming off. I also have problems with the radio. Someimes it wo't turn up the volume and it won't play the CD's.

[/quote]
Old 05-18-2006, 01:28 AM
jfblue06gt

Same dash squeek as mentioned above.

Dealer replaced charcoal canister to fix filling tank problem.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:33 AM
jfblue06gt

Same dash squeek as mentioned above.

Dealer replaced charcoal canister to fix filling tank problem.

Tranny (5 speed) is really noisy and clunks when on and off gas.

I love the car, but I think @ $29,000, some Jap cars are a better buy. They hold there value too!!

But then again how much money would it take to get into the 11's or 12's with a Jap car.

OK, I'll deal with the rattles and stuff!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

ewwwwwww you said RICER!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:01 AM
GONZOPR1

I think we should start a poll our self and see where we get with the radio problem. I went to the deeler for it and because mine does it sometimes, they couldn't find the problem, so they preaty much said "screw you and bye". I am going to call again and see what happen.

ORIGINAL: sl8anic

Yeah, radio's messed up. I'm surprised that there isn't a massive recall... Maybe moderators can start a poll of all the people w. Shaker systems that have issues

AD

ORIGINAL: GONZOPR1

[/quote]

Quick Reply: 05-06 MODLE PROBLEMS!