Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MAC A/B ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Bretstang06
1st Gear Member

Default RE: MAC A/B ?'s

You will definitely like the MAC's when you put them on, also a very easy self install. I had MAC cat backs on my '87 GT and used to start my car every morning with the door open just to hear that rumble. It was the first mod I did on my '06 and I luv the sound. I get compliments all of the time and at wide open throttle, especially now that I have the JLT II/XCAL2 combo you will be noticed. The MAC's are louder than stock and have that nice rumble with a muscle car sound. You won't be disappointed, that and they look very cool from the rear to the cars you just flew by.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:37 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Its funny you mention MACs' because I was driving down the interstate today and someone made a point for me to roll down my windows and ask me what mufflers I was running. Yeah they rock but their not for wimps. They are louder than flowmasters and they look great tucked underneath , not like the stock mufflers that look like some junky caddliac from the behind.
Same thing happened to me, I love the MACS,
Old 05-19-2006, 08:42 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I have a set in the garage going on this weekend if I get help. I was sure surprised at the finish on the whole unit..
P.S.: Anyone in S.W. Michigan want to come help?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:09 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

This in from many hours of research listening to exhaust on-line and Live
Please feedback would be helpfull

I think this chart would be a great sticky one it is refined

Code:
 ++ Loudness / Tone Scale...
 T
 O
 N
 E   Quite                                                                                             Loud
 ====|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|      
 Raspy high tone                                                                                 Open Pipes               
 -                                                                                                  No Cats                
 -                                                                                                   H-Pipe 
 -
 -  
 -                                                                                             SLP LM                        
 -                                                                                                       
 -                                                                                                    
 -                                                                        SLP Power-Flo                                  
 -                                                                                                       
 -                              		                 JBA                                                                     
 -          			 Flowmaster     Pypes                                  Thrush GP                         
 -                                                           Zingers                            
 -  Stock GT                                             FRPP                                            
 -                   Magnaflow                                      Borlas                                               
 -                                                                          Bassani                             
 -                                         Aero Chamber                 Corsa                                
 -                                                                                                       
 -                                                	             MAC                                                  
 -                                                                                                       
 Deep Tone
Old 05-19-2006, 11:10 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

Go with the MAC's. You will not be disappointed at all.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:57 AM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

Just a little info in case you dont want to use the cheeezy muff clamps that come with the macs ..I took a drill and took out the spot weld on the factory muffs ...lost the center dooo dad and they clamp rock solid Ford did make some hella clamps so I decided to use them
Old 05-20-2006, 02:34 AM
jcovercash
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bushbanger

Just a little info in case you dont want to use the cheeezy muff clamps that come with the macs ..I took a drill and took out the spot weld on the factory muffs ...lost the center dooo dad and they clamp rock solid Ford did make some hella clamps so I decided to use them
I love my Mac Axlebacks. I have a completly stock exhaust other than the axlebacks. Here is a video of my car stock compared to the axlebacks jcovercash.com/Exhaust.wmv

I love the tone.
I did get some better clamps, u-clamps, from my local exhaust shop for $8, much better than the macs clamps, but the mufflers are quality!

After hearing teh pipes-offroad pipe I think I am fixing to order one

Josh
Old 05-20-2006, 02:43 AM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

Well I guess its MAC's for me. I really have been going crazy over the exhaust trying to figure out what to put on it. I really do like the sound of MACs so I guess I'll be buying a set as soon as I get my door ding and scratch fixed (happened last week, car is only 3 months old...total crap), and have the money stashed away. Thanks for all the opinions, all you MAC owners finally posted in force lol. This was originally my choice for muffler, and then after changing my mind several times, I'm back to them again. Things are really hectic right now with graduation, so I can't even begin to get estimates on getting the door ding fixed, until like at least a week and a half from now, and then I'm gonna have to stash some cash away for the muffs, but I know I am gonna be anxious to get them....Thanks for the input
Cory
Old 05-20-2006, 03:01 AM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

2k05gt: Did you put that chart together? If so, very nice. I have gone around the horn on which exhaust to buy. I originally wanted the MAC's, but then I was swayed by the Borlas, JBA's, etc. Please make it stop..............

Here's the question. How bad is the drone factor on the Mac's. I do a fair amount of hwy driving and if the drone is bad, I would be pissed that I just spent a bunch of cash to be annoyed all the time. Hell, that's my wifes job.[&:]

I'm a noobie on the exhaust scene. Price and where you got 'em would be great info as well.

I appreciate your help.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I got mine on ebay for $319.90 to my door..

Quick Reply: MAC A/B ?'s