Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MAC A/B ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:47 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

Default MAC A/B ?'s

Hey guys,
Curious about the MAC axlebacks....From the people that have them, they love them (which of course no one is gonna say i hate my exhaust). The price is right too....But I have a few questions about them....number one being, how do they compare in loudness to the stock muffs, and loudness to other aftermarket muffs? I believe this summer will be the time to buy muffs, and I'm still looking around. How do the MACs on the 3v compare to MACs on a 2v? Do they sound similiar, or way different? And....just kinda more of a statement, but if I buy them, and they aren't loud enough, I'd prolly go with an o/r prochamber....any opinions on this combination?
Thanks in advance,
Cory
Old 05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MAC A/B ?'s

I've heard plenty of people sound off when they don't like their exhaust. However, I am not one of them. I love my Mac's. I don't have a direct comparison on just the A/B's though, since I put the h pipe on at the same time. I LOVE the sound of my exhuast. Check my threads, I have some video clips out there. One is driving the car at partial throttle and the others are track videos.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:59 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the quick reply....how do you like the pypes o/r h?? I've heard on some cars with certain exhaust that it has a raspy sound to it? I was considering that o/r h, cause its really cheap... Anyways thanks again
Cory
Old 05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

No problem. I love the sound. No raspy sounds at all. Some say that the pypes h pipe reduces some of the drone of the mac's. Again, I have no before/after comparisons that I can share. Check my videos to get an idea of what it sounds like. The videos are pretty close to the actual sound.....Hope it helps

EDIT: Here is the clip

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....5-25A948314300

Here is a link to the videos at the track

https://mustangforums.com/m_1224153/...tm.htm#1224153
Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 PM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

Buy the macs ..I looked at post here for over a month when I was looking for AB's and damn near drove myself crazy with soundclips and stuff ..I said **** it and orderd the macs and do they ever sound great ...They do drone under heavy pedal around 1800rpms but sound just bad *** going through the gears . I also think they get louder the more miles you put on them ...nice deep tone ...american muscle ...pure and simple .. One of my next mods will be 4.10s and I think these will take care of any drone around 55mph ..oh and the 4" rolled tips look bad ***
Old 05-18-2006, 10:36 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

Hey bushbanger,
How much louder were the MAC's than the stock muffs? Thats what I'm trying to find out mainly. I don't want to swap exhaust and there not be that much of a difference in loudness. I heard MAC flowpaths on a 2v, and they sounded reallllllllll good. Not sure what else was on it, but it was just right. Nice bub bubuububb sound at an idle, and with just a lil bit of gas, it started coming to life. And I have to agree, the tips look nice....well heck the whole muff looks nice!
Cory
Old 05-18-2006, 11:02 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

They are a lot louder than the stockers. Listen to the video and decide for yourself.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:44 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...ust1/index.htm
Old 05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

Yes they are a good bit louder than stock . they give the car a nice deep sound ..to me they make a stang sound like a stang should ...go ahead and order a set and dont drive yourself crazy like I did with all the choices ...you will be happy them the video link above is what sold me on the macs and they sound better in person
Old 05-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Its funny you mention MACs' because I was driving down the interstate today and someone made a point for me to roll down my windows and ask me what mufflers I was running. Yeah they rock but their not for wimps. They are louder than flowmasters and they look great tucked underneath , not like the stock mufflers that look like some junky caddliac from the behind.

Quick Reply: MAC A/B ?'s