Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:35 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's

machs should be a hair quicker...maybe a door length or one car, but not much completely stock. they do dyno at 10rwhp more than us, keep in mind. an 05 against an automatic mach would be the same advantage margin, only now in the 05's favor.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undefeated

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Sad thing is that when I went over to the Registry the other day, I read the post about the guy in his mostly stock Mach 1 getting beat by only a fender against a Vortech s/c'd 05 GT. There was a couple of 05 guys that came in there trying to talk some sense into them, but the Mach guys continued to bash and trash. The 05 guys were just trying to say that on the streets, stock for stock, the new GT's and Mach 1's are a driver's race. I thought their heads were gonna explode.....it's just silly. They REFUSE to acknowledge that the new GT's can touch them....under any conditions. Hell, they made it sound like we need to go FI just to keep up with their NA cars.

Curious also is that a few of them are under the impression that stock 03/04 Mach 1's will run 13.0 flats all day at the track. Possible? .......sure. Is it the norm?........no way in hell. The Mach's do have a sweet combo of aerodynamics, lighter weight, high compression 4V engines, and a ram-air system thrown on top of it all. They are really fast right out of the box.........but alot of the guys that own and drive them need a lesson in humility..........BAD.
I'm sorry, but I simply don't believe they run 13 flatish bone stock. If I see one on the strip, i'll be sure to humble him or her. I know for a FACT that they comparison numbers and weight of the Mach 1 vs the new stang do not make enough difference to say either could own the other continuously. I myself thought the Ls1 was too tough to tackle stock for stock until I raced one. Now I know it's a drivers race.
There is one at my track that can hit 13 flat time on a 100% stock Mach 1. He was really trying for 12's stock, but couldn't quite get it. He got it to run 12.7 or 12.8 with slicks though. Keep in mind, this guy is some sort of pro racer (can't remember what he said), so he obviously knows how to drive. Really well.

That being said, there was another Mach at the track with full exhaust and 4.10's that ran a 13.34. So, drivers make a huge difference.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:41 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

machs should be a hair quicker...maybe a door length or one car, but not much completely stock. they do dyno at 10rwhp more than us, keep in mind. an 05 against an automatic mach would be the same advantage margin, only now in the 05's favor.
Yeah, refering back to my race he only got me by like a car so If I lose some of the weight and get my CAI I should be able to hang, if not beat him.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Mach_1

Ok Guys. Im a New Member Here. I OWN a 2004 Mach 1. No, It Is Not Stock. Has Not Been Dyno'ed YET. It Has FlowMaster Mufflers, Different Springs and Shocks, Smaller Gear Ratio (Just Cant Think of How Small Right This Minute). * Not 4.10 But Smaller* And I Have a Vortech Supercharger On Order. But I Am Going to ShadySide (Local Dragstrip) Tomorrow Night. It Is Only a 1/8 of a Mile, But I Will HONESTLY Tell You How it Performs. It is a Five Speed. And I Am A Really Good Driver. During a Couple of Run's on the Street, I Now Own Claim to Beating the Following... My Friend Anthony's Supercharged '00 GT. It was Really Close Didnt Win By Much. A 93' Camaro Z28, Subaru WRX Sti (Model Unknown), And an '02 Heavily Modded Trans Am. Mach's are Fast, But They Can Be Beaten... Just Wanted to Share With Everyone. And Im not One of the Big Headed, Ego-Tistical Drivers. I am Fully Aware Plenty of Cars Could Outrun Mine. I Just Have to Choose My Races Wisely...
Old 05-24-2006, 01:49 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mach_1

Ok Guys. Im a New Member Here. I OWN a 2004 Mach 1. No, It Is Not Stock. Has Not Been Dyno'ed YET. It Has FlowMaster Mufflers, Different Springs and Shocks, Smaller Gear Ratio (Just Cant Think of How Small Right This Minute). * Not 4.10 But Smaller* And I Have a Vortech Supercharger On Order. But I Am Going to ShadySide (Local Dragstrip) Tomorrow Night. It Is Only a 1/8 of a Mile, But I Will HONESTLY Tell You How it Performs. It is a Five Speed. And I Am A Really Good Driver. During a Couple of Run's on the Street, I Now Own Claim to Beating the Following... My Friend Anthony's Supercharged '00 GT. It was Really Close Didnt Win By Much. A 93' Camaro Z28, Subaru WRX Sti (Model Unknown), And an '02 Heavily Modded Trans Am. Mach's are Fast, But They Can Be Beaten... Just Wanted to Share With Everyone. And Im not One of the Big Headed, Ego-Tistical Drivers. I am Fully Aware Plenty of Cars Could Outrun Mine. I Just Have to Choose My Races Wisely...
Everything looks good on that list except for the "heavily modded 02 TA". I'm sure some of the GM guys can chime in, but I was pretty sure that with just a cam swap those cars were capable of 12 flat. If my info is correct than that guy you raced obviously didn't know how to drive.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang9325

ORIGINAL: Mach_1

Everything looks good on that list except for the "heavily modded 02 TA". I'm sure some of the GM guys can chime in, but I was pretty sure that with just a cam swap those cars were capable of 12 flat. If my info is correct than that guy you raced obviously didn't know how to drive.
with bolt-ons LSx cars can do 12s, cams and bolt-ons should get them into the 11s, the 93 maro was an LT
Old 05-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Mach_1

Yea, He Claims to this Day that He Missed 3rd and Went Back into 1st, But You Know How That Is. His Car is Fast and If We Did it Again, Would Probably Outrun Mine. I Drove His Car and It Seems Really Quick in the Earlier Gears. But I Won Once and That's All That Matters... HeHe.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I want an LS1...

Sorry, guys... I've always loved the WS6 above any other muscle car...

Haha, I even hang out with 90% F-Body guys... I'm used to getting bashed for driving the new Stang... But those LS1s are fast -and bulletproof.- I've seen one survive a 200shot for almost a year of daily driving.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undefeated

I was just on this site and they are talking like they would have no problem with the 05/06 stang. Of course, everyone is saying the same thing about beating the 05/06 stangs, but I'm not having these experiences. Is the Mach 1 really that fast? Anyone race one?
I was at Great Lakes last night and there was one there stock (his words) and it was running 13.4 I think at 105 to my 13.5 at 104, my reaction times were better but we never lined up, but since his RT's were .400 and mine were below .100 I know I would have won the race.

Sometimes it isn't who faster, it's who gets there first. I beat an LS1 TA that way, he was faster but I was first off the line by enough to beat him to the finish.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:30 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

OK. This has ben discussed before. The Machs have 5 more hp, their redline is a little higher. Our cars are a little heavier. Stock for stock they should be close with 1 or 2 tenths. A good driver can swing the balance either way. At my local tracks they are mid 13s stock. A buddys 04 is running a best of 12.7s with DRs and some simple boltons. In the twisties its not even close a S197 will spank a Mach or LS1. On the straights a LS1 will kill our cars stock for stock. A 5.7 versus 4.6, its an easy one. Enjoy rides fellas you all have bad rides!

Quick Reply: What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's