Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:49 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's

ORIGINAL: Mach_1

Ok Guys. Im a New Member Here. I OWN a 2004 Mach 1. No, It Is Not Stock. Has Not Been Dyno'ed YET. It Has FlowMaster Mufflers, Different Springs and Shocks, Smaller Gear Ratio (Just Cant Think of How Small Right This Minute). * Not 4.10 But Smaller* And I Have a Vortech Supercharger On Order. But I Am Going to ShadySide (Local Dragstrip) Tomorrow Night. It Is Only a 1/8 of a Mile, But I Will HONESTLY Tell You How it Performs. It is a Five Speed. And I Am A Really Good Driver. During a Couple of Run's on the Street, I Now Own Claim to Beating the Following... My Friend Anthony's Supercharged '00 GT. It was Really Close Didnt Win By Much. A 93' Camaro Z28, Subaru WRX Sti (Model Unknown), And an '02 Heavily Modded Trans Am. Mach's are Fast, But They Can Be Beaten... Just Wanted to Share With Everyone. And Im not One of the Big Headed, Ego-Tistical Drivers. I am Fully Aware Plenty of Cars Could Outrun Mine. I Just Have to Choose My Races Wisely...
Welcome. Glad you could join us.

No offence intended my friend but how can you possibly have had all these races and not even know what aftermarket gears or springs are in your car?!?!?!

The heavily modded trans am should beat you by a couple of carlengths. I don't know what blower your buddy has on his '00 GT but it should AT LEAST hang right with you or better even with the smallest supercharger I can think of so you must be as good of a driver as you claim.

03/04 Mach 1s SHOULD be just a tad faster than a 3 valve in the quarter mile bone stock VS. Bone stock with the same driver....maybe a tenth or two difference at the most. Our stock Pirellis are alot stickier than the gatorbacks that came on the mach which might even the race out.

I have seen bone stock and mildly modded Machs run anywhere from 13.0x - 14.0x depending on weather, tires and drivers.....Same results with the 3 valve cars.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firestang70

OK. This has ben discussed before. The Machs have 5 more hp, their redline is a little higher. Our cars are a little heavier. Stock for stock they should be close with 1 or 2 tenths. A good driver can swing the balance either way. At my local tracks they are mid 13s stock. A buddys 04 is running a best of 12.7s with DRs and some simple boltons. In the twisties its not even close a S197 will spank a Mach or LS1. On the straights a LS1 will kill our cars stock for stock. A 5.7 versus 4.6, its an easy one. Enjoy rides fellas you all have bad rides!
Not sure where you heard that stock for stock an LS1 will kill our cars?? I've raced a few stock LS1's (1 just last night) and can tell you first hand this isn't the case and the 5.7 vs 4.6 doesn't hold water, if it did the last stock 454 Chevelle I raced should have killed me, it didn't. I also don't agree we'll kill an LS1 Camaro in the twisties....

So, while it's been discussed, it sure hasn't ended....
Old 05-24-2006, 05:00 PM
fullspect951

hey not for noting but my friend matt a really good driver raced an 05 stang the other day in his 04 stock gt, nowe he has a cold air intake on his car but he said they were neck to neck the whole way. now im not tring to bash my 06 gt but i think the mach and previous model gts are lighter then these 05 06 models. and the machs have ten more horse then us so its hard to say who would come out on top.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:03 PM
05MidBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

If your talking about the Mach that runs 13.0 @ E-Town, he was stock (so the driver claimed), but he's always on SLICKS!!!

The few near-stock Trans Am's on slicks will run almost .5 faster then the comaprable Mach. Also, remember during the quartermile the Trans Am is just getting warmed up... Those LS1's after 100mph have INCREDIBILE top-end pull.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:15 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firestang70

OK. This has ben discussed before. The Machs have 5 more hp, their redline is a little higher. Our cars are a little heavier. Stock for stock they should be close with 1 or 2 tenths. A good driver can swing the balance either way. At my local tracks they are mid 13s stock. A buddys 04 is running a best of 12.7s with DRs and some simple boltons. In the twisties its not even close a S197 will spank a Mach or LS1. On the straights a LS1 will kill our cars stock for stock. A 5.7 versus 4.6, its an easy one. Enjoy rides fellas you all have bad rides!
i hate to tell you but machs are underrated by atleast 15 HP, and if you say a stang will outhandel an f-body then me and you have driven two different kinds of F-bodies, cause the one i drove, handeled pretty damn good

Old 05-28-2006, 05:28 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

I raced a mach 1 a few weeks back in my stock 06 GT. It seemed stock. May have had an exhaust, as it was slightly loud; but the mach 1's are a little loud stock, so I don't know. I was behind him, and went from around 55 to a little over 100. The whole time, I had to stay out of WOT or I would have ran up his bumper. We slowed back down, and I went to go around him, and he nailed it again. I slowly caught up and passed him. Being a top end race, driver skill is pretty much not an issue, so I'd say the 05+ GT's are faster than a mach 1.

I havent paired up with many cars to date, but one memorable one was when I raced a modded Cobra on the highway. I lost by bus lengths LOL. I didn't know it was a Cobra until I saw the rear end, which was less than a second after the race started hahaha.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 AM
STANGLVR
1st Gear Member

Have any of you guys ever raced a Bullitt? My brother has one and he TELLS me his is faster, we are both stock 5 speeds, he won't race me, I'm thinkin' because he is afraid he will lose ( How absolutely embarressing it would be to lose to his little sister!). I haven't seen any others in town to try so I was wondering if anyone of you guys had any experiance with this?
Old 05-28-2006, 12:47 PM
skycow

ORIGINAL: STANGLVR

Have any of you guys ever raced a Bullitt? My brother has one and he TELLS me his is faster, we are both stock 5 speeds, he won't race me, I'm thinkin' because he is afraid he will lose ( How absolutely embarressing it would be to lose to his little sister!). I haven't seen any others in town to try so I was wondering if anyone of you guys had any experiance with this?
hmm u being auto or stick you should be able to beat him... unless its like everyone stating before it being a drivers race and he just happens to be a great driver then it might go his way... correct me if im wrong but from what i understant most bullitt models are only 5 to 10 hp more than the regular gt... so look at some of the faster stock 01 gt times and dont expect much more than that mabey a 1/10th if even

his is an 01 right...
Old 05-28-2006, 12:53 PM
hdawg06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Hey undefeated, you went on Mach1registry forums? Man, those guys have some kind of high opinions of their 03/04 Machs. I mean, I think those cars are awesome........but ask those guys who will win.....anything vs. the Mach, and they win everytime. I just read a thread a while ago on there where the guy claimed to have spanked a GTO, and then immediately after he ran neck in neck with a Ford GT up until 90mph.......and this is on the street. Oh, and for the LS1 guys.........they think stock for stock the Mach 1 will "spank" an LS1 F-body. It's rediculous. I'm glad I decided to come to a site with a variety of car enthusiasts........cuz fanboy back-patting is retarded.

I'm sorry to tell you, that I witnessed a stock mach1 beat a 02 TA WS6(with exhaust) by about 4cars. FBodys weigh over 400lbs more, and make the same horse as a 4v. Also, Fbodys can't launch worth a ****. Even a good driver has a tough time doing it.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:00 PM
skycow

well a good explanation for that is the ws6 TA was a manual and when u get an unskilled driver and a high hp/tq engine with a manual together alot can lead to him losing.

[quote]ORIGINAL: hdawg06

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Hey undefeated, you went on Mach1registry forums? Man, those guys have some kind of high opinions of their 03/04 Machs. I mean, I think those cars are awesome........but ask those guys who will win.....anything vs. the Mach, and they win everytime. I just read a thread a while ago on there where the guy claimed to have spanked a GTO, and then immediately after he ran neck in neck with a Ford GT up until 90mph.......and this is on the street. Oh, and for the LS1 guys.........they think stock for stock the Mach 1 will "spank" an LS1 F-body. It's rediculous. I'm glad I decided to come to a site with a variety of car enthusiasts........cuz fanboy back-patting is retarded.

I'm sorry to tell you, that I witnessed a stock mach1 beat a 02 TA WS6(with exhaust) by about 4cars. FBodys weigh over 400lbs more, and make the same horse as a 4v. Also, Fbodys can't launch worth a ****. Even a good driver has a tough time doing it.
[/quote

Quick Reply: What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's