Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

EVO tune and the results...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default EVO tune and the results...

for the love of pete. or maybe fred would be more appropriate. installed the evo tune this morning, topped off the 91 oct, and decided to see if the hype was worth the green. the 87 oct tune was impressive, hence i purchased. the 91, my goodness. burned em up through first gear, squeeled as it hit 2nd, and scratched again hitting 3rd. 3rd gear scratch in an auto?!?! come on my friends, that says everything you need it to say. even with these crappy tires, achieving that in an auto is freakin awesome. easiest install of a CAI and tune ive ever seen. thanks for the greatest $ to pony ratio in a part fred.

andy

p.s. wheres my sticker?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:47 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: EVO tune and the results...

I run the SCT 93 Octane Extreme Tune from Fred. Works great.

My next tune is going to come from Doug @ Bamachips. I've heard some really good things about his Drag Tune.

Have fun man!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Time to get it to the track now....
Old 06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I get to use my 93 tune since I'm in Texas for now and its awesome. Scorched the tires picking up second and got a little chirp in thrid myself. Soon as I can get my 4.10s installed and hit the strip I should hopefully reach my goal of high to mid 12s for this year.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Well this friday i am gettin my car dyno tuned by a local SCT tuner and hes installing 4.10s.....Only cost me 100$ + the tuner(to get it dyno-tuned)...I thought it was a good deal and i cant wait to get my car back. Drop it off thurday evenin and get it friday afternoon hopefully(crossing my fingers).
Old 06-13-2006, 12:21 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

Well this friday i am gettin my car dyno tuned by a local SCT tuner and hes installing 4.10s.....Only cost me 100$ + the tuner(to get it dyno-tuned)...I thought it was a good deal and i cant wait to get my car back. Drop it off thurday evenin and get it friday afternoon hopefully(crossing my fingers).
Do you have any mods you are doing (besides the gears) or just the dyno tune? IMO, it's a waste to pay that money for a dyno tune if you don't have at least a CAI. Even that being the case, a mail order tune from bamachips, or the like, would be more cost effective for the amount of HP you will see from a tune.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:07 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang9325

Do you have any mods you are doing (besides the gears) or just the dyno tune? IMO, it's a waste to pay that money for a dyno tune if you don't have at least a CAI. Even that being the case, a mail order tune from bamachips, or the like, would be more cost effective for the amount of HP you will see from a tune.

Well I will have to edit my post, I a have a JLT 2 CAI just sitting in a box waitin to be installed. As far as a waste money that just dosent make any sense, yes if my car was totally stock ya it would be a waste. But considering that over internet or preprogramed tunes are based on the results of a similar cars testing(not every car is the same including stock to stock cars) I would say that a custom dyno tune for YOUR specific car would yield much better results. Besides he is already going to have the car and i needed to have the tune for the JLT CAI so i thought a $100 was a pretty good deal.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang9325

Well I will have to edit my post, I a have a JLT 2 CAI just sitting in a box waitin to be installed. As far as a waste money that just dosent make any sense, yes if my car was totally stock ya it would be a waste. But considering that over internet or preprogramed tunes are based on the results of a similar cars testing(not every car is the same including stock to stock cars) I would say that a custom dyno tune for YOUR specific car would yield much better results. Besides he is already going to have the car and i needed to have the tune for the JLT CAI so i thought a $100 was a pretty good deal.
Well if you read the post I wrote that you quoted, I said "its's a waste to pay that money for a dyno tune if you don't have at least a CAI."

That being the case (and you editing your post), yes it is a good deal for that money to get a dyno tune with the gears, tuner and CAI.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:29 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

SweetGT, nowhere in your post do you mention having your cai installed before or along with the 4.10 gears. It's got to be done BEFORE the custom tune or IMO it will be a waste of money because you'll just need to go back again. Right now you're cai is sitting in a box? Get 'er done!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:11 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I still say that there is alot of confusion about whos tune is the best. Brenspeed, bamachips, or evolution. I spoke with brent and he sure talks a good game and cust service seems good.

After reading the whole multi page brenspeed vs evolution thread. I am still confused.

Quick Reply: EVO tune and the results...