Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

07 Prices - MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Prices - MSRP

Wow, that's really interesting.

I spoke to a sales manager at Galpin Ford the nations
best selling and largest Ford dealership. These guys get everything first
and the most of them, they'll by far get the most GT500's as they did Ford GT's
(they currently have around 100 Mustang GT's in stock)
And he told me the same thing 2 other dealers told me...late August.

What's VOPC mean anyway?
Old 06-11-2006, 09:51 PM
acsteele
1st Gear Member

VOPC is the vehical order processing center. You have to have the Dealer number, and the order number, but you can track your 'stang while it's being built (of course, you ARE a Ford employee when you call!)

I think your dealers, big or not are not give you correct information. In fact, when I post pictures the week of the 23rd (June) you can be assured they are bull****ting you.

If you don't believe me, check over at the blueovalforums.com and look for 2007 order tracking sticky. By the way, my '07 order was placed on March 28, and Ford's order books were opened on March 13 for '07 Mustangs.

Maybe your "big" dealers have a lot of inventory (100GT's?) they want to dump before ordering new stuff.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

You may very well be correct about that.

Let us know as soon as you take delivery of your 07.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acsteele

VOPC is the vehical order processing center. You have to have the Dealer number, and the order number, but you can track your 'stang while it's being built (of course, you ARE a Ford employee when you call!)
This intriques me.
Are you saying you have some number from a dealer that allows you to order a Ford if you are an "employee"??

If so, where and how did you get that number?
Are you getting the 07 MGT at dealer cost then too?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:27 PM
acsteele
1st Gear Member

No, I get X-plan pricing. ( I work at General Electric, and we are a Ford partner) The phone number to VOPC is for Ford dealers only....(nod, nod, wink, wink)......but, with the right order number, and dealer number, the voice on the other end of the phone doesn't know you aren't.

If you need a X-Plan pin number, I can get one, or put you in touch with someone who can. X-Plan is under dealer invoice, and there is in haggling at all. Some dealers refuse to sell Mustangs at X-Plan because they can get sticker price or more. MY dealer will sell all he can (better to make a little on a lot of units, than pay finance and try to make up the diff with high prices.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:45 AM
sbulik

Don’t get too excited about X-plan discount its no big deal, about $30 under invoice. Won’t even buy a tank of gas....(nod, nod, wink, wink)......

ORIGINAL: acsteele

No, I get X-plan pricing. ( I work at General Electric, and we are a Ford partner) The phone number to VOPC is for Ford dealers only....(nod, nod, wink, wink)......but, with the right order number, and dealer number, the voice on the other end of the phone doesn't know you aren't.

If you need a X-Plan pin number, I can get one, or put you in touch with someone who can. X-Plan is under dealer invoice, and there is in haggling at all. Some dealers refuse to sell Mustangs at X-Plan because they can get sticker price or more. MY dealer will sell all he can (better to make a little on a lot of units, than pay finance and try to make up the diff with high prices.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Driver72

Where did you hear that.
I was told by my local dealer who has worked there for 20 years that
the 2007's don't go into production about the 10th of July and will hit dealerships
5 weeks later.
I'm not surprised, it's very common for people on these forums to know a lot more about options/ delivery/ colors/ etc. than the average Ford dealership employee When I ordered my '07 the salesman (who is bar none the most knowledgeable salesman I have ever dealt with) didn't know about the cloth top option. I gave him the code, he plugged it into the computer and there it was on the order form! It pays to do some research, these forums rock!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:38 AM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

I have ordered a new 07 GT convertible too. I spoke with two different dealers during the process. Each of them told me the expected the MSRP to be lower. The competition (GM) has developed a different philosophy regarding padding the MSRP and dropped prices on their product line already. I think that the word around the business is Ford will follow suit and lower their MSRP stucture too . We'll see, I am due to p/u the Black/Parchment/Parchment car in late July or early August.

Funny you mention being able to call and find out the status of your car. I ordered a new Vette a few years back, and the C5 Forums literally had tel.# and the names of people inside the plant you could speak with. I could find out anything I wanted from when the car was staged to when it rolled out on the ready line to be loaded for shipping.

By the way...cloth top...do you have the option code for that?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Sure, the code is CA. It's only available in black for now. Let me know if you want the option price, I have it at home. I think it was 200 retail and around 170 invoice.

CORRECTION- I checked and it's 230 retail, 200 invoice.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

acsteele, I PM'd you back before I read this thread.

Quick Reply: 07 Prices - MSRP