Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stock GT Auto Burn Out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Stock GT Auto Burn Out?

i got an evo tune. with 91 oct, and even just with 87, tcs off, from a dead stop punching it gets a great squeal in first. good noise into second, and a solid chirp hitting 3rd. brake torqueing results in spinning through first, and a good part of second. i got the stock pirellis on, but thats still a lot of squeeling. gotta be careful around town, just a little too much gas at the git-go and im chirping when i start. cops are killing me on that...
Old 06-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Just4fun

Put some new gears in, that will do the trick every time.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40542/DEC048403DA847858704418D13047899.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-16-2006, 06:44 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

can i make my V6 burnout...or do i need some really good mods before i can get there yet?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:50 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Easily. Same methods as described.

Although, with a CAI and tune, it will be much easier to tear your tires loose... not to mention with the stock differential, you'll have a nice one wheel burnout. So.. intake, tune, and definitely a LSD for a nice burnout.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:51 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Although, with a CAI and tune, it will be much easier to tear your tires loose... not to mention with the stock differential, you'll have a nice one wheel burnout. So.. intake, tune, and definitely a LSD for a nice burnout.
GREAT! now i need to know what an LSD is and what it does for my car....

sorry i'm still a newb
Old 06-16-2006, 07:11 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V6MustangKnight

sorry i'm still a newb
I'm still a noob compared to most of these guys, but after you asked as many questions as I, you'll learn.

LSD means Limited Slip Differential. It basically makes sure both wheels have equal force, like if one wheel is off the ground or on ice or mud, both wheels will be supplied with the same amount of torque. Stock V6's have an open differential, which if the resistance at both wheels is equal, then both wheels turn at the same rate. The key word is *IF* Learn more here: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

In our case, a stock V6 could do a burnout... but our open differential means you'll probably end up burning one wheel more than the other. I did a "burn out" earlier today, jumped out of my car, and only saw one trail of treads on the asphalt. [&:]

Old 06-16-2006, 07:21 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

sorry i'm still a newb
I'm still a noob compared to most of these guys, but after you asked as many questions as I, you'll learn.

LSD means Limited Slip Differential. It basically makes sure both wheels have equal force, like if one wheel is off the ground or on ice or mud, both wheels will be supplied with the same amount of torque. Stock V6's have an open differential, which if the resistance at both wheels is equal, then both wheels turn at the same rate. The key word is *IF* Learn more here: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

In our case, a stock V6 could do a burnout... but our open differential means you'll probably end up burning one wheel more than the other. I did a "burn out" earlier today, jumped out of my car, and only saw one trail of treads on the asphalt. [&:]

so how would i go about changing my LSD?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:26 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

sorry i'm still a newb

You'd have to buy one first. Auburn, Tru Trac, and T-lok come to mind. I wouldn't know where to get one, though.

This is a discussion we should start in the V6 section. Don't want to hijack this guy's thread any further with our V6 jibberish.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:35 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

sorry i'm still a newb

You'd have to buy one first. Auburn, Tru Trac, and T-lok come to mind. I wouldn't know where to get one, though.

This is a discussion we should start in the V6 section. Don't want to hijack this guy's thread any further with our V6 jibberish.
t-lok is great for just bolt-ons, if you want lots of power, go with a detroit true trac, there are no clutches to wear out like the t-lok and auburn
Old 06-16-2006, 09:40 PM
RStone13
1st Gear Member

Line-Locks or 4.10 will do the trick

Quick Reply: Stock GT Auto Burn Out?