Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What S/C you have

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:38 PM
DeFacto300

Default RE: What S/C you have

Just noticed the other day but ive seen the whipple around. not i could be miss informed becuase im not to interested (going with saleen)...

Whipple s/c
http://www.proficientperformance.com..._mustang_05-06
Old 06-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Wow, harsh return and cancellation policy with the "proficient performance" company.
I would not buy there.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:56 PM
DeFacto300

Yeah deffinetly would not buy a s/c there. but if you all are interested in whipple then just look a little harder and youll find some places to buy
Old 06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

BS - you CANNOT buy the whipple yet - Period. Stop saying you can. Call ANY of the places you think there are and sure, they'll take your order, but they won't be shipping it today, that's for sure. Lot's of companies can take your order, NO COMPANIES can ship them yet.

Mark
Old 06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

Call that number and I bet you my car that they can not ship now nor can they tell you when it will be available.

Then call whipple and ask them when it will be ready and they wont tell you squat because they dont know.

From what i can tell from whipple, its going to peform much like rest of them. There claims of hp is way off, though it does not matter you can get just about anything out of any s/c with right amount of boost, the problem lays in the internals and everything else above 450hp......Whipple IMO nothing to wait for.....
Old 06-16-2006, 08:35 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

Call that number and I bet you my car that they can not ship now nor can they tell you when it will be available.

Then call whipple and ask them when it will be ready and they wont tell you squat because they dont know.

From what i can tell from whipple, its going to peform much like rest of them. There claims of hp is way off, though it does not matter you can get just about anything out of any s/c with right amount of boost, the problem lays in the internals and everything else above 450hp......Whipple IMO nothing to wait for.....
I agree. I don't see why so many ppl are holding out for certain superchargers to appear on the scene. There are more than a few awesome and PROVEN blowers out on the market right now for the S197's. I think some of these ppl have just convinced themselves that the last players to the game will somehow be the most awesom'est.[8D]

I say just look at what's available right now....shop and compare and do your homework....then go buy your blower. While you're waiting for the new Whipple and such, some of us are already enjoying our boosted mustangs.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

+1

to add to that, i think if you are waiting because you think you will be getting the best s/c out there, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment
Old 06-17-2006, 01:56 AM
DeFacto300

yeah i agree fully. the thing is i dont care. im not interested in whipple. i dont know why im just not. maybe later but i just saw it one day and said hey i thought they couldnt get it. either way i dont care. Maybe if i was sure you could bite my head off but i was just tryin to help some people out.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

No one is trying to 'bite your head off' and we're just giving the facts. There are TONS of sites that advertise the whipple and they'll even take your order but they sure as heck won't be able to even give you an estimated shipping date. There are guys who have had these things on order for over almost a year and are compltely stuck cause they gave deposits. We are just trying to make sure that people know the facts so maybe they don't get stuck in a similiar situation.

When you say 'you can get them if you look around' - some people might take you serious and order one from one of the many companies who are feeding BS to get a deposit on an order. Sure the whipple made high numbers cause they pushed everything they could out of a test car just like Vortech, Porcharger, Saleen, KB, and Paxton all did. No way no how is is going to make any significant more power with the kit included tune when it does finally come out than the saleen. The saleen or KB could easily sell a canned kit that makes 550 RWHP but the don't and it's for the same reason that the whipple won't either.

Not ganging up on you, especially since your new to the forums (and welcome BTW) just want to make sure people know what the deal is.

Mark
Old 06-17-2006, 02:55 AM
DeFacto300

cool cool. yeah i might have stretched it but i was trying to say im not going to make a big deal about it and to some people it seems that way but yeah im going to go with saleen... oh and does anyone have any idea if granatelli coil and plug connecters would actually give you any hp. im just thinking of everything i can to get my car close to 400hp before the s/c probably wont happen but its a goal. after the headers, x-pipe, cat-backs, throttle body, (pulley's installed) come and are installed i should only be 40 hp away at the most... thats saying i had 265 hp stock. im hopping it was close to the 280's but i dont know yet

Quick Reply: What S/C you have