Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What should be my WHP???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What should be my WHP???

Thats definitely true chevykiller. Although, i might add, that with some mods the numbers go up when they are done together. Ex, exhaust rwhp will go up if you do an intake or LTs coupled with it, as opposed to doing exhaust alone. That is a specific case though. In general though, you're right. You cant add numbers that simply. It is alot more complicated than that.
(btw sleeper05, about 5hp being generous for a catback; that is why i said 0-14rwhp; go on corsa's website and you will see their dyno results for just their catback.)
Old 06-19-2006, 03:14 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

Thats definitely true chevykiller. Although, i might add, that with some mods the numbers go up when they are done together. Ex, exhaust rwhp will go up if you do an intake or LTs coupled with it, as opposed to doing exhaust alone. That is a specific case though. In general though, you're right. You cant add numbers that simply. It is alot more complicated than that.
(btw sleeper05, about 5hp being generous for a catback; that is why i said 0-14rwhp; go on corsa's website and you will see their dyno results for just their catback.)
Yes stang, that's why I said - Yes, mods can compliment each other for greater overall gains

I wasn't trying to crash anyone's comments - just trying to keep things in perspective. I originally wasn't even going to post here because a TUNE ALONE could be the differene of 30-50 hp so it is impossible to accurately answer his question. If he wants the truth then it is simply this -

You will get whatever you or your builder/tuner CAN get out of the car.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:30 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

Yes stang, that's why I said - Yes, mods can compliment each other for greater overall gains

I wasn't trying to crash anyone's comments - just trying to keep things in perspective. I originally wasn't even going to post here because a TUNE ALONE could be the differene of 30-50 hp so it is impossible to accurately answer his question. If he wants the truth then it is simply this -

You will get whatever you or your builder/tuner CAN get out of the car.
Oh i know you werent trying to crash anyones comments. I totally agree with what you said. Just didnt see that you wrote the "mods complementing each other" part ; )
i concur 100%
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Numbers don't lie but let's keep things in perspective too. Every post on here seems reasonable but I do want to bust a myth right now for you guys...

Adding up HP per mod doesn't work. The added/advertised gains with a specific mod is always tested based on just that mod. When you combine mods, it DOES NOT MEAN that you can add the HP gains from each mod and simply add them together to get a hp estimate. Sorry but it doesn't work that way - wish it did but it doesn't. Yes, mods can compliment each other for greater overall gains, but you can't add the gains each individual mod has been tested to make and add them together.
layman translation for everyone:

"ricer math doesn't always work"

im going to bed now
Old 06-19-2006, 11:36 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

Numbers don't lie but let's keep things in perspective too. Every post on here seems reasonable but I do want to bust a myth right now for you guys...

Adding up HP per mod doesn't work. The added/advertised gains with a specific mod is always tested based on just that mod. When you combine mods, it DOES NOT MEAN that you can add the HP gains from each mod and simply add them together to get a hp estimate. Sorry but it doesn't work that way - wish it did but it doesn't. Yes, mods can compliment each other for greater overall gains, but you can't add the gains each individual mod has been tested to make and add them together.
layman translation for everyone:

"ricer math doesn't always work"

im going to bed now
Bwaa haa haa.... Amen! I can throw this in the mix. With a 93 tune, intake, x-pipe and axlebacks, I made 287 rwhp, mustang dyno. After the custom tune, I made 305 rwhp. I have since added a Dynatech L/T setup, gears and UDP's. Still have to get another pull to see the gains. I would say that the H/P they claim is quite possibly correct. As for advertised gains from bolt ons, I WISH! That would equal a bazzillion H/P for me!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 PM
paco_pony
2nd Gear Member

Here's my 2 cts.

bone stock 05/06 manual will be about 265 rwhp. auto will be a bit lower due to higher losses in drive train.

I've modeled rwhp due to these mods (less the pulleys) and here's what I show...

with full exhaust (lt's, x-midpipes, and hiflow mufflers), cai and flash tune (hand held tune, not custom) you can expect right at 300 at the wheels, about 35rwhp gain.

[IMG]local://upfiles/34495/BCED77405D4A42C984FC124B1E4671AB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
paco_pony
2nd Gear Member

oh yeah, and if you are an expert driver in ideal conditions (ie, perfect launch, shifts, cool day etc) you should be able to get

60 ft 2.02
1/8 8.48
1/4 13.09

versus stock at ...

60 ft 2.02
1/8 8.69
1/4 13.53
Old 06-19-2006, 01:57 PM
mhahnjr
1st Gear Member

I have an 06 auto and I dyno'ed at 265 bone stock. I posted my dyno in the Houston meet thread...

300ish is a great place to be paco_pony
Old 06-19-2006, 02:59 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

My numbers below came from Brents dyno jet. As I found out at Brents dyno day last month, autos dyno way less than the 5 speeds. Stock 5 speeds were pulling real close to what I have now.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

Can somebody answer me this???
The truth is that I live in Puerto Rico and somebody is selling me an 05 GT. It has a dyno paper saying that the car have 298RWHP. The only thing that I have doubt on is that he says that it have Borla headers and when I saw the headers it does not have a nickel color they are black. Do Borla carries a header that are black? Sorry for my bad english Thanks

Quick Reply: What should be my WHP???