Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New CAI, the TUNE, and the ZOOM!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:46 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New CAI, the TUNE, and the ZOOM!

awesome. in a couple weeks im goin to get my car serviced, and have 4.10 gears put in. i could probably finagle one other mod. (parents are iffy about it, YES IM PAYING). i was wondering whether to get the intake (buying a tuner anyway) or get the SLP loudmouths, but now i think my choice has been made clear. i want my car to scare me. right now 2nd gear doesnt feel quite as strong as it once did. and im even debated whether to get 4.10's or 4.30's. i want it to pull like a mother****er, and i dont really care too much about gas mileage. just a little creeped out by the vid of the cobra with 4.56's that got into 5th gear a little too quickly. i just don't wanna get gears that make the lower gears unusable, if that makes any sense.

ANYWAY, im probably gonna get the JLT combo from brenspeed; i have heard that by objective testing it makes more power than other intakes, even if marginally so, plus its a hundred bucks cheaper. is it true that at "WOT" that our throttles are only 80% open? or that snap throttle operations are significantly dulled? at idle speed in 1st, i punch it and the car does NOTHING for about a second, then gets up and gradually pulls into what feels like WOT.

and my LAST THREAD HIJACK I SWEAR: its official, i have found the best exhaust to get in terms of sound. this video ends the debate, its over, SLP LOUDMOUTHS FTW!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:53 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scubadog

Well folks the C&L CAI intake was installed this morning, (not hard at all) and the SCT tuner from Brenspeed with the 89 octane tune. I would suggest if you go with C&L, that you use the "optional" mounting bracket. It is a heavy item and you will need that support to keep everything in place and working well.

All I can say is WOW!!!

It is a whole new car, and as the guy who was riding with me after the install said,
"This car is dangerously fast"... We took it out on some back roads and lit it up a bit.

115mph just after hitting 4th and running out of road. What is so nice is the throttle response is RIGHT NOW, and when you get on it and the airflow gets going, you can feel the power as it pushes you back in the seat.

The Hurst shifter and the Borlas also add allot.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical of the performance claims. All is true. Amazing

I also was a bit cautious about the "tune", but following the directions on the SCT tuner, it was a breeze and took only a few minutes.

So I guess I'm done for a while on the mods, or else I am going to be sleepng in the car.

Just waiting for the side louvers, and for us to come to a final price on the plenum cover

Thanks Brenspeed for putting this great package together.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38736/03322237130E49B08BE4B37282BC900A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/38736/ADEFF2AF59F44DD0AF5186C3D13C5EDD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/38736/0E40A5883E2746DCB36E22BEE37D79E9.jpg[/IMG]

Get the gears now .. and you will be loving life... trust me and others..

Rex
Old 06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
scubadog
I ♥ Acer

American Muscle, get the tune and the delay will be GONE! You will kind of have to learn how to drive the car all over again.

and Rex, what do the gears cost?

On another topic, if you want a plenum cover, we are now taking the orders to be sent in at teh end of the week.

e-mail me at jrousch@strato.net

ohn

AKA ScubaDog
Old 06-21-2006, 12:58 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

awesome. in a couple weeks im goin to get my car serviced, and have 4.10 gears put in. i could probably finagle one other mod. (parents are iffy about it, YES IM PAYING). i was wondering whether to get the intake (buying a tuner anyway) or get the SLP loudmouths, but now i think my choice has been made clear. i want my car to scare me. right now 2nd gear doesnt feel quite as strong as it once did. and im even debated whether to get 4.10's or 4.30's. i want it to pull like a mother****er, and i dont really care too much about gas mileage. just a little creeped out by the vid of the cobra with 4.56's that got into 5th gear a little too quickly. i just don't wanna get gears that make the lower gears unusable, if that makes any sense.

ANYWAY, im probably gonna get the JLT combo from brenspeed; i have heard that by objective testing it makes more power than other intakes, even if marginally so, plus its a hundred bucks cheaper. is it true that at "WOT" that our throttles are only 80% open? or that snap throttle operations are significantly dulled? at idle speed in 1st, i punch it and the car does NOTHING for about a second, then gets up and gradually pulls into what feels like WOT.

and my LAST THREAD HIJACK I SWEAR: its official, i have found the best exhaust to get in terms of sound. this video ends the debate, its over, SLP LOUDMOUTHS FTW!!!!
You should have heard my videos
Old 06-21-2006, 08:03 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bushbanger

I just put my jlt on with brents 93 tune and wow . I was thinking the same about the gears . I was going to install gears first but opted for tuner package . I bet with some 410's it will be the ****
Let me put it in perspective for you. My partner and I was going to lunch. He drives an 05 GT also that's stock. We wanted to test the gears out to see how much difference it makes. I was turning onto the interstate and he was behind me. We went for it. I started in second gear. By the time I was in the power band, I pulled a car length. I was in third for a little bit and pulled another car length. I asked him what gear he started in and he said he was in first! In other words, my second gear pulled harder than his first! Had I started in first gear, I would have easily left him 3 to 4 car lengths before 4th gear. That's what the gears and the tune does! Another friend at work can't wait to race me in his near stock 04 Cobra to see what's up. He drove my car and wants to race. Of Course, he's favored, but he better not make any mistakes or I'll get em! We go to the track this Sunday.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:19 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Just4fun

I just put on the C & L CAI and did the SCT 93 Octane tune two days ago. I was shocked at the power it unleashed. the tires chirp into 3rd and 4th gear with my auto trans. The install of the intake and tune was super easy, took about an hour for everything and WOW what a difference. If you haven't done it yet do it soon it will bring a smile to your face.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40542/B0D8D39F8948491BB5AAE20D8C2DDE19.jpg[/IMG]
Chirped 4th? [sm=bs.gif]
Old 06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

ordered my C & L + SCT Xcal 2 about a week ago from brenspeed. it finally shipped today (would have shipped earlier but C & L's were on backorder) im gonna be runnin the 91 octane tune, dont know where to fine 93 octane out here in cali. im happy to hear all these good results and cant wait to install mine and then run with my buddies 03 Mach 1. he has BBK LT's BBk O/R X and magnaflow cat backs. how do you think i will fare against him.. im thinking mach 1 kill.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RCT06GT
.. im thinking mach 1 kill.
duh... Im pretty sure they dont even have as much hp as us stock...
Old 06-22-2006, 12:59 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: RCT06GT
.. im thinking mach 1 kill.
duh... Im pretty sure they dont even have as much hp as us stock...
I thought they are suppose to have 320Hp? I have been told that the new 05-06GT are more like 320ish in reality so it looks pretty close as far as that goes. But that is good to know if the Mach are over-rated
Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

As far as I know the 03-04 mach 1 mustangs were 305 horse. That is what ford claimed at least.

As far as our cars are concerned, if you figure a 20% drivetrain loss for stick. And most stock cars make between 250-260 RWHP, That puts us right around 320 HP at the crank.

A 25% loss would put us at 340 horse at the crank, but 25% is alot IMO

A 15% loss places us at 300 at the crank.

I would say 18-20% is about right for a stick car but that is just a guess.

Anyone know the actual drivetrain loss?

Quick Reply: New CAI, the TUNE, and the ZOOM!