Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Awesome built motors goin in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 03:33 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Awesome built motors goin in!

ORIGINAL: blowngt

I'm sure don knows now that I have posted pics that don knew to be his pics of don's car that don took pics of his car and knows that pics of his car are posted here. [sm=exactly.gif]

You know the F'ed up part about that sentence.......... I understood it.

Yea, Don does know now. Mark clarified things up a bit with a little insider info. Just seemed a little odd the pics that Don took being posted by someone that sounds as though he knew Don, yet Don has not spoken to you. But it's all good.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:46 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I'm sure don knows now that I have posted pics that don knew to be his pics of don's car that don took pics of his car and knows that pics of his car are posted here. [sm=exactly.gif]

You know the F'ed up part about that sentence.......... I understood it.

Yea, Don does know now. Mark clarified things up a bit with a little insider info. Just seemed a little odd the pics that Don took being posted by someone that sounds as though he knew Don, yet Don has not spoken to you. But it's all good.
^^LOL - I have met mark twice and I saw don at the shop for 2-3 hours but never spoke to him. He seemed occupied with his car...lol Both of those guys' cars made me get the pulley's & tune for my saleen! - power is addicting!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:31 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Which pulley did you get and what kind of power did it lay down?
Old 07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

EDIT - and thanks for the clarification on the teksid. Is it the same weight as the 4.6? Why wouldn't everyone want to use it if it is cheaper & stronger at the same weight?
I'm not sure about the weight but I know they're supposed to be stronger. But If you what to drop this block I think you'll need to modify or move one of the engine mounts. No big deal.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:06 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

He said they (mods) told him he never contributed anything to the site and was a troublemaker.
haha.. is that what they said? He was always here helping people out. Anyone can scan for his posts and see. just sad

nope. that's not what we said.

How come those two tech wizards don't work on their own cars?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:45 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

That would be a good question but since they are banned we can't ask them.

Hawgman - I got a #10 pulley but I need some more mods before I'm comfortable with it. I currently have the #8 and I'm around 420 rwhp on a 91 tune and 460 on a VP109 tune with a little timing. I have the #39 injectors and need to get a BAP.

EDIT - and making jabs at banned members who can't answer or reply seems kind of pointless IMO.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:21 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

nope. that's not what we said.

How come those two tech wizards don't work on their own cars?

That would be a good question but since they are banned we can't ask them.
Sure ya can. Just email them and ask. They will gladly answer. Or call 'em up on the phone.
ORIGINAL: Don_W
You can tell mikehawke this from me:

"I do in fact work on my own car. I have done a lot of the work myself. But, I'm also smart enough to know I'm not an engine builder nor a tuner. And I don't own a transmission shop. Also, rear gears/differential work does not fall in the DIY category for me. I'll leave that stuff to the pros. But I've done practically everything else myself (or with help from a friend). Feel free to peruse the full mod list here: http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...20LIST%7E0.doc , Once you subtract what I just said I had the shop do, maybe you can figure out how much was done in my home garage."
ORIGINAL: ChevyKiller - bits edited out by me.
You can tell him this from me
I do a lot of my own work on my car but leave tuning/engine work/trans work to a professional. Only a moron would attempt to do a full rebuild on an S197 by himself. Adam at ST does A LOT of my work but certainly not all of it. What I don't do myself, and what Adam is not a pro at, I get done where it needs to be done by who it needs to be done by. I have built 1600 hp engines but do I even touch a bolt on any of our dragsters? Hell no - Norm Grimes does and why? Because he is the best. (6 national championships in 8 years says so)
Mark

Old 07-04-2006, 11:32 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Hawgman - I got a #10 pulley but I need some more mods before I'm comfortable with it. I currently have the #8 and I'm around 420 rwhp on a 91 tune and 460 on a VP109 tune with a little timing. I have the #39 injectors and need to get a BAP.
Not too shabby. You really should be fine without a BAP up to 450 or so. If you want to save a little money, one thing that would make a nice difference is to upgrade the cheap factory wiring from the inerta switch to your FPDM and from the FPDM to the fuel pump to 10 gauge wiring. That would reduce the voltage loss to the pump. Factory wiring is 14 gauge or so. But if you are going to install a BAP anyway, the wiring from the inerta switch to the FPDM isn't necessary.

I started to get a race gas tune just ran out of time that perticular day, and haven't had the time to get back there yet. With mine making over 440 on 8lbs on a 93 tune, I would hope to be north of 460 on 109. I might go do that once I finish my fuel system upgrades. I too have the 10lb itch. Dropping in GT500 pumps and a BAP to keep it in fuel because I know once I get the 10lb pulley on there it will definitely start running out in the upper RPM range. Right now I feel pretty darn lucky that I can hold 40psi all the way to redline at WOT.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:39 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChevyKiller - bits edited out by me.
You can tell him this from me
I do a lot of my own work on my car but leave tuning/engine work/trans work to a professional. Only a moron would attempt to do a full rebuild on an S197 by himself.

WHAT!!.. I'm doing the rebuild myself.. I'm a moron I guess I'm banning his a@@ too.. hahaha
Old 07-04-2006, 11:51 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

WHAT!!.. I'm doing the rebuild myself.. I'm a moron I guess
Pretty sure the jury is still out on that one.

Quick Reply: Awesome built motors goin in!