Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:15 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default RE: Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions

No i didnt know. Before this car I hadnt bought a car in about six years and wasnt looking into doing so. But the reason I can get it at Msrp is my family member is the Manager of the dealership, so he can sell for what price he wants. Lucky me I guess. That is if I think the payments are worth it again.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

PS. he actually owns most of the dealership;P
Old 07-08-2006, 10:30 AM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

okay ill take your word for it, but I'll believe it when I see it. But def post some pictures when you get it, I would love to see it.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:42 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I am not a fan of white cars unless its a pearl white. I need to see a reflection in the paint and Fords "chaulk" white just doesnt do it. I say black with silver stripes would like real nice.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Like someone else said black is an awesome and mean looking color for a Mustang but unless you take very GOOD care of the paint to protect it from swirls I wouldn’t even think about owning a black Mustang or any black car. The slightest amount of dust on black just makes it look sick (in a very bad way).

I would be in the same band wagon as others, first choice would be blue with white strips, second choice white with blue strips…
Old 07-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

I would go white with blue stripes too if I were you. You're lucky if you can get one for MSRP right now. The people paying $20,000 over MSRP are just stupid. The car isn't going to be that rare. They're going to produce 8,000 or so a year for the next five years. I'd go for it cause you might regret it when you see one pass you by some day.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

I was told by One of the top 1% of leading Ford Mustang sellers in the U.S, that they do not get to pick what colors they are getting to sell. So as said in another post, you will get what they offer. Unless your dealership is a Top seller of Mustangs, they are only getting one Shelby. Hopefully for you, it is one of the colors you want. Here in Atlanta they are going for 15 thousand over sticker for the Coupe, and 20 thousand over sticker for the Vert.

Kevin
Old 07-09-2006, 11:03 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Cobrakev

I was told by One of the top 1% of leading Ford Mustang sellers in the U.S, that they do not get to pick what colors they are getting to sell. So as said in another post, you will get what they offer. Unless your dealership is a Top seller of Mustangs, they are only getting one Shelby. Hopefully for you, it is one of the colors you want. Here in Atlanta they are going for 15 thousand over sticker for the Coupe, and 20 thousand over sticker for the Vert.

Kevin
Interesting. I recently said you probably wouldn't be able to touch one for anything under $65K!

Mike
Old 07-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

No your wrong. You can order what color you want.
Dealer just puts it in the computer. But you have to do it before you have a ven # on it. At that point the order details are locked in.
You pick the color and options you want.. basiclly your ordering it. You can change whatever the dealer has at the moment up to that point.
Where did you hear that about the "whatever color they are getting" ?
Do you not think they have info in the computer as to the details of the car, and wouldn't let a customer change it? That would be ridiculus!
They are already shipping them. And they have plenty more to make.
I dont understand who told you this or your logic to it.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

And that comment about only getting one unless your a top dealer is totally wrong. Plus it has NOTHING to do with sales. Well.. a little but if you have the presidents award you can get two or three (forgot what specifications for three), and not just big lots get the presidents reward either.
The presidents award is based mostly on customer satisfaction (among other things), and there are two dealerships in my area with pres awards and they are VERY small.
Most dealers get one But LOTS of them will get two.. and some three.
Not all at the same time but before the next year model shows.
Dunno who told you what you heard but you are very misinformed.

As far as finding one at MSRP for the public you are pretty much correct. It will be hard to find one for under 15k over and even 10.
But as I said before my uncle is the manager at this one and is 50% owner with a partner.
So... I get it at MSRP.
Its the dealers manager/owner who has final say on what they will sell for ADM. No one elses.
I have no reason to argue with you guys about it. I dont understand why its so hard to believe that you have an uncle who owns a lot.. and that he would sell it to a family member as a favor for that...
The question for me is... the monthly payment increase from the 06 GT I have now.

Anyways, thanks for your opinions. I have decided that IF I do get it that I will go with the white w/blue stripes. I just have to make up my mind whether I'm getting it or not.
It's gonna be about a 218/month increase from what I have now and thats with adding another year on my loan.

I'll let you know what I decide. Thanks again for the input!

Quick Reply: Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions