Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed or Evolution Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:35 AM
GtStangFGCU

Default RE: Brenspeed or Evolution Tunes

Just took order from brentspeed today for C&L tuner combo and a hurst shifter...they are extremely nice...was gunna go with the tuneable induction but C&L has proven reliability...I keep hearing about Brenspeed's tune being lean, can anyone validate this with a dyno sheet?
Old 07-14-2006, 09:32 AM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang9325

My vote was other, for bamachips. With the 93 performance tune, I ran the time in my sig in ideal conditions. Since then I got the race tune from doug and have only run it at the track a couple times in this horrible heat and humidity with a best of 12.92. However, that was at a DA of over 1300. Altitude corrected it came out to a 12.74.

The best thing about the race tune was that it was free since I was an existing customer. Excellent customer service and down right nice guy, doug is. Hope this helps.
+1, put down some very nice numbers with Doug's custom tune. Throttle response feels as good as my S2k now, where as before w/ my other canned tunes response felt lethargic. Friends can't believe how fast the stang feels now.

I mean the numbers I put down are almost equivalent to ~ 350hp & 380 lbs of torque at the crank, N/A w/ basic bolt ons... Roush Stage 3 only makes 385 lbs of torque with a supercharger...
Old 07-14-2006, 10:33 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

As Dkano said, I also have both the Evo and Brenspeed tunes (93) and the last dyno showed HP about the same with Evo at 290 and Brenspeed at 293. However the SOP feel and engine smoothness is night and day between the two. Anyone driving an auto should feel the difference. I'll stick with Brenspeed from now on, but I can be talked into purchasing Doug's tune if someone twists my arm. But that's only b/c I'm a comparo junkie!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:12 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Guys, I will not pretend to know much about who is who. I will say that I just bought Evo's tune and C+L CAI a couple weeks ago and it has done awesome with my MUstang GT. I got the 91 and 93 tune ( I dont know if its hard shift or what) But I have not experienced any of the negatives that others have claimed as far as enging running rough or high idle. In fact my idle is pretty mellow. in the 93 tune, I also have punched this and it chirps 2nd hard enough to slightly tail it a little as well as chirps 3rd. AGain this is an automatic and I have been extremely happy. I guess since i do not have BRents to compare it to, I truly will not know the difference. I am a firm beleiver though that it works and works great, then there is not any reason to change. what difference would be noticed between tunes seems minute and more opinion based anyhow. So I just wanted to post my 2 cents worth....EVO has done fine by me....
Old 07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6605stang

Okay, first off, I don't want to offend our gracious sponsors, seriously... but gimme your thoughts on whose tunes you prefer for an 05 GT w/C&L Street CAI for 87/91/93 oct.

Thanks in advance...
My money is on Bamachips, but for the right reason I'd try others.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:44 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang9325

My vote was other, for bamachips. With the 93 performance tune, I ran the time in my sig in ideal conditions. Since then I got the race tune from doug and have only run it at the track a couple times in this horrible heat and humidity with a best of 12.92. However, that was at a DA of over 1300. Altitude corrected it came out to a 12.74.

The best thing about the race tune was that it was free since I was an existing customer. Excellent customer service and down right nice guy, doug is. Hope this helps.
I concur, Doug is very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

We are the largest SCT, C&L, and JLT dealer in the country! We are one of the elite ten on SCT's Top 10 Tuner List! Are tunes are the very best! Are shops cars speak for themeselves! 10 second Kenne Bell 2005 Mustang GT Automatic, 9 second Kenne Bell 2003 SVT Cobra, 11 second 2005 Saleen Mustang!

All are tunes are developed on are in house Dyno and have over 100 hours of research and development on the 2005-2007 Mustang GT's and V6's! We offer over 5 different Street tunes and are Infamous Xtreme Race tune! We know these cars inside and out! If you want the best, give us a call!
Not trying to be a &$#@ but, the number of times "are" is used incorrectly in you statement is really annoying to me. Here's a correct version.

We are the largest SCT, C&L, and JLT dealer in the country! We are one of the elite ten on SCT's Top 10 Tuner List! Our tunes are the very best! Our shop's cars speak for themeselves! 10 second Kenne Bell 2005 Mustang GT Automatic, 9 second Kenne Bell 2003 SVT Cobra, 11 second 2005 Saleen Mustang!

All our tunes are developed on our in house Dyno and have over 100 hours of research and development on the 2005-2007 Mustang GT's and V6's! We offer over 5 different Street tunes and our Infamous Xtreme Race tune! We know these cars inside and out! If you want the best, give us a call!

End of grammar lesson. Sorry for being an a$$.
This is the Internet, people don't seem to care how people write anymore. In the past, how you expressed yourself was important. Now all that matters it seems is the point someone is trying to make, not how he makes it, I don't get it myself but gave up long ago trying to get people to understand. Nobody cares how they are perceived anymore.
Heck, my grammar could use improvement but I make an effort to be understandable, some posts need a decoder to understand…

When you feel the need to correct someone perhaps getting your own grammar correct would be helpful, here is your statement, fixed of course.

"Not trying to be a &$#@ but, the number of times "are" is used incorrectly in your statement is really annoying to me. Here's a correct version.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:25 PM
bwilder10h
1st Gear Member

Does anyone know what Doug's tune has the A/F ratio set to?

I'm going to buy a CAI and a SCT very soon (probably would have already had it not been for this thread and wanting to see the outcome) and granted, I want more power.... but I also don't want to push the envelope in terms of reliability and engine longevity.

I have an automatic [] so keep that in mind when making a recommendation.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:03 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

We are the largest SCT, C&L, and JLT dealer in the country! We are one of the elite ten on SCT's Top 10 Tuner List! Are tunes are the very best! Are shops cars speak for themeselves! 10 second Kenne Bell 2005 Mustang GT Automatic, 9 second Kenne Bell 2003 SVT Cobra, 11 second 2005 Saleen Mustang!

All are tunes are developed on are in house Dyno and have over 100 hours of research and development on the 2005-2007 Mustang GT's and V6's! We offer over 5 different Street tunes and are Infamous Xtreme Race tune! We know these cars inside and out! If you want the best, give us a call!
Not trying to be a &$#@ but, the number of times "are" is used incorrectly in you statement is really annoying to me. Here's a correct version.

We are the largest SCT, C&L, and JLT dealer in the country! We are one of the elite ten on SCT's Top 10 Tuner List! Our tunes are the very best! Our shop's cars speak for themeselves! 10 second Kenne Bell 2005 Mustang GT Automatic, 9 second Kenne Bell 2003 SVT Cobra, 11 second 2005 Saleen Mustang!

All our tunes are developed on our in house Dyno and have over 100 hours of research and development on the 2005-2007 Mustang GT's and V6's! We offer over 5 different Street tunes and our Infamous Xtreme Race tune! We know these cars inside and out! If you want the best, give us a call!

End of grammar lesson. Sorry for being an a$$.
This is the Internet, people don't seem to care how people write anymore. In the past, how you expressed yourself was important. Now all that matters it seems is the point someone is trying to make, not how he makes it, I don't get it myself but gave up long ago trying to get people to understand. Nobody cares how they are perceived anymore.
Heck, my grammar could use improvement but I make an effort to be understandable, some posts need a decoder to understand…

When you feel the need to correct someone perhaps getting your own grammar correct would be helpful, here is your statement, fixed of course.

"Not trying to be a &$#@ but, the number of times "are" is used incorrectly in your statement is really annoying to me. Here's a correct version.
Touche!. Thanks for the catch. As you may have noticed, mine was a simple typo as opposed to multiple occurences of a grammar mistake. But, nonetheless, it was indeed a mistake.

Not trying to be a grammar/spelling ****, but I still feel it is very important for someone's credibility (especially when promoting their business) that they at least make an effort to talk/type intelligently.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:13 PM
stangerman2007

I just got my JLT II/Xcal2 from Evo performance for my 2007 mustang gt, all the other tuning companies said that SCT wasn't supporting 2007 yet, but fred was able to do a tune for mine. I asked fred how he was able to do the tuning for the 2007 and he said he works closely with Jerry the president of SCT/ head programer!

the tune was awesome, the throttle lag is completley gone, and the thing pulls like a freight train. Couldnt be happier....... thanks fred

Quick Reply: Brenspeed or Evolution Tunes