Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

speedo limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
ron0410

Default RE: speedo limiter?

2:30 am no body on the road but ya would be going to jail for the nite and lose the right to drive for a loog timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. from my wife!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:46 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

i spun mine up to 135+ the other night in 4th gear. with stock suspension that is more than enough. 1 sneeze and you are screwed
No joke! I tried doing 100 through Mississippi and with a side wind it was just a bit nervous...so I backed down to 90!

Mike
Old 07-15-2006, 02:37 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Dont have to imagine. Got a ticket doing 141 mph on my then GSXR...FYI beat the ticket in one of the hardest places (VA) Cop was delayed arriving to court and did not make it. Due to distance I traveled to get to Va from my then home the judge tabled it for what turned out to be 2 hours until after lunch to give the cop time to arrive. (multi car 18 wheeler crash on the beltway). When court resumed and I was still there it was dismissed without prejudice. I was sweatin bullets!!!!!
Old 07-15-2006, 03:55 AM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

i drove mine cross country on 40 with my dad. i had her up to about 115 in texas before i thought i saw a cop and slowed down. my father got her up to 135 but the hood was shaking so bad in the wind we slowed down. i can tell you this much, she is stable on a flat straight road at 135 as you could want. i can bet that if you lowered the car aggresively with some serious bolt ons 170 wouldnt be out of the question.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:45 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Just to add the obligatory post from your "mom"...

I have done it myself - wow 120 in this car feels like 60 in an 85 (ON A GOOD ROAD - I'll get to that at the end)

1. Make sure you don't do this on roads that you are not EXTREMELY familiar with - and that means having been on it recenly enough to know if the road has been damaged.

Don't do it at all, but back to reality...

2. When you are 30+ go back to a road you did this on when you were 16-20 and realize just how stupid that was Then appreciate that you are still alive...

3. If you think you can see well enough at night, you are fooling yourself... don't do it...

4. Particularly out west - watch out for earth quake damage - I was not paying attention in Alaska and looked down only to find I was going about 115 due to lack of visual reference out in the middle of nowhere.

Slowed down and a mile down the road, the road had buckled and had a 2 foot wave in it... Had I hit that at speed, I would be dead...

5. 05/06's don't like big bumps at spead... Goes from rock solid to a bouncy school bus when the rear tires hit something big... See #1 above.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:20 PM
ozan169
1st Gear Member

iv got a 2005 mustang gt auto

iv hit 164mph in my mustang and my engine cut out at that speed iv had mods done to the engine as well

Max MicroTuner
bbk short headers
magna flow x pipes with racing cats
magna flow back axle pipes

292bhp

the only way i saw the speed i was doing is by my tom tom navigation what had a digital speed reader
Old 07-15-2006, 09:04 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

There has to be a governer. I would want it disabled. Whether I ever hit it or not, I cant stand the thought of a computer telling me what I can and cant do in my car, safe or not.

I have had expiriences with porsches and BMW's at triple digit speeds at race tracks. IMO, the new stang is very good at speed. I did 135 one night on a deserted stretch of highway. Basicly brought it up there for a couple seconds and let off. Thing was solid as a rock.

I have been in some other cars that make you want to crawl under the seat at those speeds.

But in truth, anyone that has intentions of hitting those speeds at any kind of frequent basis on the street is an *** plain and simple.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:32 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

I took it to 135ish at the very top of 4th and didnt even bother shifting to 5th cause it was fast enough for me (I already won the race) Im not denying what you guys are saying about 147, but the car really felt like it had a LOT more in it.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:15 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

+1

I was in fourth at approx 135 and the car wasent quite topped out in fourth yet. She was still pulling like a train and was right in the powerband.

By my impressions, I would say 160 is absolutly plausible stock barring no electronic limiter.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:37 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Dont have to imagine. Got a ticket doing 141 mph on my then GSXR...FYI beat the ticket in one of the hardest places (VA) Cop was delayed arriving to court and did not make it. Due to distance I traveled to get to Va from my then home the judge tabled it for what turned out to be 2 hours until after lunch to give the cop time to arrive. (multi car 18 wheeler crash on the beltway). When court resumed and I was still there it was dismissed without prejudice. I was sweatin bullets!!!!!
Yes you did get super lucky, VA is a very hard place to be a ticket, with three witnesses i still lost, 4 people vs one cop and the judge ruled with the cop.

Did you spend a night in Jail when they pulled you over? anything over 20MPH in VA is considerned reckless driving and they usualy throw your *** in jail.

Quick Reply: speedo limiter?