Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ford financing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:42 PM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ford financing

I got 4.5% through my credit union.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:50 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: callahan
If you OWE more than the car is worth after you drive it off the dealer's lot, ALWAYS BUY GAP INSURANCE!
That is an important point and one of the reasons I described myself as "tainted for this conversation"...

I have never done that and that would explain why this is starting to happen more often... It used to be that you couldn't do that either with a car or a house. Appearently money grows on trees now Solvency is irrelavent...
Old 07-21-2006, 07:36 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

My rates suck. I got 11.5 but I have alot of loans out at the same time and my debt to income is off so I understand it. I am going to refinance my car within two years to get the rate down.

What they did that pissed me off was that they ran my report a whooolllllleeee bunch of times to "try to get a lower rate via another bank etc. (cough, cough, BS cough) and after they ran the report all these times (the companies they were trying actually did it) they ended up going with Ford anyway. I was pissed, they could have just did that in the first place. I made them give me free oil changes and service for two years. so i wouold not walk.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:34 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

You and me both! Publix credit union for me. I financed for 6 years at that rate and thought about asking for a 7 year loan. My monthly payments are cheaper than my wifes 2002 pt cruiser which will be payed for next month thank god! No more chryslers for me! I don't know how you young guys with no credit and high insurance rates can afford to drive a mustang GT! You must not have any money in your pockets.

quote]ORIGINAL: GT JIM

I got 4.5% through my credit union.
[/quote]
Old 07-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Shaybuttainbk
2nd Gear Member

yup, ford credit suxx, my father has excelent credit & they gave him a 8% rate.
but he also got a quoute for a dodge charger & got 0%
Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 PM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

Why would anyone go with ford credit?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:21 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

People with no bank account? They do exist, I see them every day at work cashing their paychecks. Poor bastards! Direct deposit is a godsend.

ORIGINAL: GT JIM

Why would anyone go with ford credit?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:23 PM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

NO BANK ACCOUNT!!! WTF!
Old 07-22-2006, 01:36 AM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

You won't get better from the dealer...I'd jump on that 5.35%
I agree. Take the 5.35%. In fact what you should do is go to your credit union, get pre-approved. They will hand you a cashiers check for "no more than X". Put that in your wallet and walk onto the dealer's lot. Make the salesman think Ford will get your financing so he deals on the price of the car. Then when in with the finance guy pull out the check, tell him the rate, and see if he can match it or not.

My credit union will pre-approve me over the internet and drop the pre-approved amount into my checking account. I can then write a personal check for the amount and refund my bank the difference. Pretty handy. Too bad I didn't know about it until after I purchased my car but I'll definately use it in the future.

The great thing about a 5.35% loan is inflation for 2006 is already at 4.7%. This makes your "real" interest rate 0.65% I took 5.65% for 7 years myself (large loan for a Saleen so I wanted payment flexibility). I figure by middle of next year with the way inflation is going I'll be even money on the loan. My other car is at 4% interest so I'm coming out ahead
Old 07-22-2006, 01:42 AM
gt7er
1st Gear Member

yeah tomorrow i'm going to ford and asking them to match the rate...if they cant, ill go to the credit union get the check and come back. the guy at ford said that their rates are anywhere from 4 to 10%...so maybe i can get 4 out of them...lets see what happens tomorrow..im freaking excited to order an 07.

Quick Reply: ford financing