Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new intake (pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 09:44 PM
dave186

Default new intake (pics!)

I just put an airaid intake on my car, thought i would share some pics with you guys. i know there are a few on the boards that are running them, but arent as popular since airaid makes mostly truck stuff. my reason for buying it was i could get it from one of our suppliers at work for a good price. you might also notice the fuel rail adapter

and here is why my car is always dirty, some of you might laugh, some might be discusted.

Old 07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: new intake (pics!)

Been runnning the Airaid for almost 10 months and love it! If you get a custom tune, remove the venturi tube from inside the MAF housing. Good for a few more H/P.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:18 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

I like the look of the airaid. It looks better than the C&L aluminum IMO. My concern with any of these is getting sand all over that filter. I allready get sand inside the stock filter box (live on a dirt road).
Old 07-31-2006, 12:38 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

It looks good, you need to clean up that engine bay though dayum!

Nice pictures and awesome ride!

-Jeff
Old 07-31-2006, 01:44 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Looks cool! I like the pictures. Reminds me of the original Mustang commercial with Steve Mcqueen and the cornfield.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:46 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

It looks good, you need to clean up that engine bay though dayum!

Nice pictures and awesome ride!

-Jeff
Ha, my engine bay makes his look new... lol, jk... though I do need to clean it.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:54 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Combines are the shizzle! [8D]
Old 07-31-2006, 01:59 AM
dave186

that aint no combine man, its just a swather. by day im a mechanic, but i help my buddy cut hay in my spare time. i think its kinda fun and relaxing.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:13 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Well, I thought maybe it was some funky, mini-combine that I've never seen before. My favorites are those monstrous, 8-wheel combines.

BTW, have you noticed any difference with the Airaid? Was it worth the price? What was the price? Did you get a tune?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 AM
dave186

its sort of a combine, it cuts the hay (or other stuff like oats) sends it through a conditioner (just smashes it a bit) and then puts it in a row on the ground. another machine comes in later and either bales or chops it.

anyway, back on topic. i do feel a bit of a difference with the airaid, and it sure sounds cool. it gets the loudest about 4000rpm but i also have pypes street pro mufflers. mainly i bought it so i didnt have to put a hole in the stock intake for my nitrous nozzle. i got it from where i work and paid cost for it. so unfortuanetly i cant hook you up with any deals[&:] no tune yet (another reason for choosing this intake) i want to find a local shop that can tune it for me with the nitrous, but i think i am out of luck there unless i take a road trip.

Quick Reply: new intake (pics!)