Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Badges

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Pete F.

Default GT Badges

I am looking to remove the GT badges on the front fenders of my 06 GT. I am hoping to find somebody that has removed them (or replaced them with something else) that knows if there are any holes behind the badges.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-Pete
Old 08-05-2006, 06:57 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT Badges

Just use a hair dryer to heat up the tape behind the badge. Then take fishing line or dental floss and slice through the tape. You'll have them off in minutes. There are two hole behind the badge which are used to line the badge up. You can get other badges that have posts which will line up with these holes.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Pete F.

Thanks a million. I have done a bunch of seaching but was unable to find anything that said if there were holes or not.

-Pete
Old 08-06-2006, 03:57 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Retarded question here.....

If these badges have posts that line up within these holes in the fender.... Then how in the hell are you suppose to use fishing line to cut through the tape? Wouldn't you run into these posts or what???

Old 08-06-2006, 05:31 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, you'll run into the posts, then you just go from the other side. By the time you run into the posts, you'd have gone through most of the tape and you can just pull the badge off.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:47 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Okay, I suppose that makes some sense. I guess I would have a better understanding if I had seen just how close the two posts are together. I pictured them spaced apart which would make it difficult to do what you stated. No biggie....just seeking clarification. Thanks!

Anyone know where to get the Cobra badges thats on the one? And will they fit into the holes that already exist?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:14 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

OH NO!! PLease don't say that your putting cobra badges on your GT. No body kit merits having those. Not even if you drop in a S/C 5.4L in there. Only COBRAS should have a cobra badge. I'm sure you wouldn't like seeing all the V6 guys driving with your GT badge.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:42 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

It was just a question. Whats the difference in a badge versus someone putting a Saleen hood on a GT version? Or changing the body kits. A badge is a badge and so is everything else you add to your GT.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

yeah but a badge that is false means instant ricer, instant idiot, etc. ask yourself why you want to put that badge on. for attention? so you can say your car is something it's not? seriously, the only reason to put a false badge on is for attention and so you can say "i have a cobra and i'm cool blah blah blah..." when in reality you don't have a cobra and probably can't afford one.

stop being an attention ***** and be proud of what you own, rather than trying to make it something it's not.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:00 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

It was just a question. Whats the difference in a badge versus someone putting a Saleen hood on a GT version? Or changing the body kits. A badge is a badge and so is everything else you add to your GT.
Changing the body kit is completly different than changing badges. Putting a body kit that makes the car look meaner or because you like the accents is one thing, as long as you keep you GT badges. The badge says what you actually are driving. I don't think its ok to when someone buys a GT and puts the Roush badges with there body kit either, they didn't buy a Roush.

Quick Reply: GT Badges