Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2006 GXP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 03:15 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default 2006 GXP?

Anyone ever run an 06 Pontiac GPX?

... I go to a place down in syracuse where about 100 cars meet every friday and saturday night, mostly tuners but there are a few nice stangs, camaros, and some classics. I met a guy that drives a GXP. 5.3 L V8 with 303 hp. auto. We have been talking for a couple weeks and last night around 1am he asked me if i could show him to the walmart in my part of the town, because he is new to the area. So were drivin, he is following me and we get to northern blvd, which is 2 lanes going one way... he pulls up next to me....i downshift to 3rd, im waiting for him to start and hes just right next to me lookin over...so i take off and slam into 4th, and slam into 5th, hes behind me by a car and a half. We get to a red light and were talking when it turns green, we start slowly still talking and then he jumps the gun and i follow, this time he had me by a car and a half. We talked about it and he said "its whoever gets off the line first between me and you" Just wondering if anyone has raced one at the track or even at all?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:50 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2006 GXP?

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

... I go to a place down in syracuse where about 100 cars meet every friday and saturday night, mostly tuners but there are a few nice stangs, camaros, and some classics. I met a guy that drives a GXP. 5.3 L V8 with 303 hp. auto. We have been talking for a couple weeks and last night around 1am he asked me if i could show him to the walmart in my part of the town, because he is new to the area. So were drivin, he is following me and we get to northern blvd, which is 2 lanes going one way... he pulls up next to me....i downshift to 3rd, im waiting for him to start and hes just right next to me lookin over...so i take off and slam into 4th, and slam into 5th, hes behind me by a car and a half. We get to a red light and were talking when it turns green, we start slowly still talking and then he jumps the gun and i follow, this time he had me by a car and a half. We talked about it and he said "its whoever gets off the line first between me and you" Just wondering if anyone has raced one at the track or even at all?
I never have, but I'll look for one out there to run. I'm not stock, but I'd like to see how they run.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:52 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

they look just like the grand prix....only minor things are different (cosmeticly) pontiacs website Would love to see this thing spank a ricer that thinks its racing a family 4 door sedan haha [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 08-06-2006, 10:47 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

You should win if this is accurate. Assuming equal drivers of course.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac-Gra...slip-6660.html
Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

This website lists it at 14.3 in the 1/4 and a 5.7s 0-60

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
Old 08-06-2006, 11:49 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

I've raced a few at Byron Dragway, the fastest one was running mid 14's, they are easy kills, I've slaughtered 4 of them, plus a Monte with the new V8, even if you're bone stock they shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

I've raced a few at Byron Dragway, the fastest one was running mid 14's, they are easy kills, I've slaughtered 4 of them, plus a Monte with the new V8, even if you're bone stock they shouldn't be a problem.
X2
Old 08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

2nd is good until about 70mph, so unless you started at 60, you need to be a gear further down.

I won't get into the 4th, and 5th shifts, unless you took it up well over 100.

the 4.6 will rev to 6250 rpm, and still make power..................................
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

we did start at 60, and it did go well over 100 ...i mean .... it did at the track....
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Your 4th to 5th would be at like 150+ would it be? lol [8D]

Quick Reply: 2006 GXP?