Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Automatic or Stick Shift?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:35 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Automatic or Stick Shift?

After reading this entire thread, this is what I've come up with:

Manual transmissions are more fun to drive. My previous car was an auto, and when I got a sports car, I knew I wanted a stick. People can (and will) argue all day long about manual vs. auto, but it all boils down to driving experience.

Manuals give you more control over the car. You feel more in tune with the car, more a part of it.

Autos are easier to drive, no doubt about it. And it seems ford put a helluva transmission in this car.

To me, (and this is my opinion) you just don't get the feel and control that you do with a manual. Is is a bitch to drive in traffic? Yes. But there is nothing else that will give you a bigger grin than dropping it into third on the highway and roaring past someone.

To me, the "drag car" arguement doesn't hold ANY water.
"Well all DRAG cars use autos!!"

So? 90% of the folks on this forum aren't planning on turning our cars into drag cars. We don't NEED to shift .45 seconds faster with 700hp under our hoods. We're looking for the biggest grin factor.

Besides, I want bragging rights when I hit 13.4 in the quarter mile. I will know *I* did that! Not some computer.